|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melinda do after Mr. Freeman comments on her work in "Fourth Marking Period"?
(a) Feels energized.
(b) Throws the linoleum block in the garbage.
(c) Throws the linoleum block at him.
(d) Refuses to do anything else.
2. What causes Melinda to feel uncomfortable in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) The Principal nodding at her and smiling.
(b) Mr. Freeman offering Melinda a ride.
(c) Andy smiling at her sincerely.
(d) Mr. Freeman saying he'd like to meet Melinda's mom.
3. What is Heather doing at the mall in "Second Marking Period"?
(b) Survey work.
(d) Following some of the Marthas and carrying their packages.
4. What does Melinda do at her father's office?
(a) Answer the phone.
(b) Stuff envelopes.
(d) Greet clients.
5. Why does Melinda miss the bus in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) She decides to skip school.
(b) She is arguing with her mother.
(c) She oversleeps.
(d) She is arguing with Heather on the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Freeman think a good artist must have?
2. What does Melinda almost do after opening her Christmas presents?
3. To where does Melinda catch the bus in "Third Marking Period"?
4. Why is Heather in danger of losing her standing with the Marthas?
5. What does Melinda's mother tell her in a note in "Second Marking Period"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the extra credit project end Melinda up at the principal's office?
2. How does it seem the girls in the International Club are reacting to Andy?
3. How does Melinda's focused work on an extra credit project backfire?
4. What has Melinda been doing more frequently in "Third Marking Period", and where does she end up one day?
5. What is Mr. Freeman doing during art class in "Second Marking Period"?
6. What does Melinda notice about IT in April?
7. What ruins Melinda's leisurely walk to school?
8. How did Melinda happen to go to a party where there are alcohol and older students in the past?
9. Describe the traumatic event that took place for Melinda at the party the summer before.
10. Describe the incident in art class when Mr. Freeman's honesty hurts Melinda.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)