|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the English teacher explain about the book they are going to study in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) That they have to have their parents' permission.
(b) The use of symbols.
(c) That the book is a classic and tells much about life.
(d) That the book is banned in some school districts.
2. Why is Heather in danger of losing her standing with the Marthas?
(a) They think Heather is too unsophisticated.
(b) They need to eliminate two members because of their charter limitations.
(c) They do not like that she is friends with Melinda.
(d) They do not like the quality of her work.
3. What is something Melinda receives from her parents for Christmas?
(a) Drawing materials.
(b) A new bike.
(c) A guitar.
(d) An old beat-up car.
4. With whom does Andy go to the movies with in "Fourth Marking Period"?
5. What does Mr. Freeman bring Melinda after he comments on her work in "Fourth Marking Period"?
(a) A box of kleenex.
(b) A new set of paints.
(c) A book on Cubism.
(d) A lump of clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Melinda go one day when she skips school?
2. What makes Melinda feel fearful about David?
3. What does Melinda think she may be when she is an adult?
4. Why is Melinda angry after being at her father's office?
5. What happened to Melinda at the party when she called the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What book does the class begin to study in English, and what is Melinda's response to it?
2. How did Melinda happen to go to a party where there are alcohol and older students in the past?
3. What touches Melinda emotionally on Christmas Day and what happens?
4. What does Melinda notice about IT in April?
5. Describe the ride with Mr. Freeman to Melinda's mother's workplace.
6. What ruins Melinda's leisurely walk to school?
7. Who invites Melinda to his home in "Third Marking Period", and what is her response?
8. What does Heather tell Melinda in "Third Marking Period" that upsets Melinda?
9. What is the result of the meeting with Melinda, her parents, the guidance counselor and the principal?
10. Describe the traumatic event that took place for Melinda at the party the summer before.
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)