|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is being studied in English in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) Their Eyes Were Watching God.
(b) The House of Seven Gables.
(c) A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.
(d) The Scarlett Letter.
2. What is something Melinda receives from her parents for Christmas?
(a) An old beat-up car.
(b) Drawing materials.
(c) A new bike.
(d) A guitar.
3. What does Melinda do at her father's office?
(a) Greet clients.
(b) Answer the phone.
(c) Stuff envelopes.
4. How does Melinda react to her talk with Heather in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) She wishes her parents were divorcing.
(b) She thinks Heather is wise to leave the Marthas.
(c) She realizes how much the friendship means to her.
(d) She is happy for the compliment.
5. Who does Melinda see in the mall on the last day of Spring break?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Melinda's parents noticed in "Third Marking Period"?
2. What grade does Melinda receive on her extra credit project?
3. What does Melinda do after Mr. Freeman comments on her work in "Fourth Marking Period"?
4. What makes Melinda feel fearful about David?
5. What does Melinda think about her parents' life if she were not in the picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ruins Melinda's leisurely walk to school?
2. How does Melinda hurt herself in biology class?
3. Describe the traumatic event that took place for Melinda at the party the summer before.
4. How does the book Mr. Freeman gives Melinda help her?
5. Why is Melinda worried about Rachel in "Fourth Marking Period", and what does she try to do to alleviate the worry?
6. How did Melinda happen to go to a party where there are alcohol and older students in the past?
7. How does Melinda's pleasure at making posters turn into a nightmare?
8. What is the result of the meeting with Melinda, her parents, the guidance counselor and the principal?
9. What has Melinda been doing more frequently in "Third Marking Period", and where does she end up one day?
10. What book does the class begin to study in English, and what is Melinda's response to it?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)