|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poster is on the wall in Melinda's space at school?
(a) A Bengal Tiger.
(b) A Wombat.
(c) Tom Hanks.
(d) Maya Angelou.
2. What often happens to Rachel in the halls?
(a) She is told she was right for what she did.
(b) She is told to go away.
(c) She is bumped.
(d) She is totally ignored.
3. About what do Melinda's parents confront her at dinner?
(a) Hanging around with the bad elements of school.
(b) Her interim report card.
(c) Telling her art teacher that she is not allowed to draw.
(d) Skipping class the day before.
4. Why does the ecology club protest the new mascot name?
(a) It doesn't seem very competitive.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) It is too fierce an image.
(d) It should feature an endangered animal to create awareness.
5. What does Melinda have to maintain in her English and Social Studies classes?
(b) A facade of not caring.
(c) Intensive note taking.
(d) A strict quiet policy.
6. How does David describe the tone of Mr. Neck's lecture in "Second Marking Period"?
(a) Racist and intolerant.
7. What does Mr. Freeman say about Melinda's unique art piece in "Second Marking Period"?
(a) It has meaning.
(b) It is terrible.
(c) It shows no creativity.
(d) It is unusual.
8. Where does Melinda decide to spend her time after school?
(a) Spying on the football team.
(b) At the gym watching Rachel.
(c) In her closet at the school.
(d) Working on her trees.
9. Who is in Melinda's art class that won't speak to her?
10. Why does Melinda receive a demerit?
(a) For hitting the person who ruins her blouse.
(b) For smoking in the bathroom.
(c) For wandering in the halls without a pass.
(d) For cursing.
11. What does the Spanish teacher write on the board in "First Marking Period"?
(a) A phrase in Spanish.
(c) A phrase in English to be translated to Spanish.
(d) A phrase in French.
12. About what is Melinda critical when she looks in the mirror from her bed?
(a) Her bedspread pattern.
(b) Her hands.
(c) The wall color.
(d) Her face.
13. What is the name of the "clan" that Heather has found?
(a) The Hopelets.
(b) The Marys.
(c) The Marthas.
(d) The Nobodies.
14. What do Melinda's parents declare her as having outgrown?
(a) Her doll collection.
(b) Her Hollywood stars posters.
(c) Trick or treating.
(d) Her training wheels.
15. What does Melinda notice about her lips in the mirror?
(a) They have scabs on them.
(b) The upper lip is fuller than the lower.
(c) The lower lip is fuller than the upper.
(d) They are misshapen.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what team is Nichole?
2. What does Nichole make look easy?
3. How does Melinda almost ruin an expensive microscope?
4. Who winks at Melinda?
5. What is the new name of the school's "mascot"?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)