|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Melinda's parents make her do in "Second Marking Period"?
(a) Go to her cousin's party.
(b) Stay after school for academic help.
(c) Stop dyeing her hair green.
(d) Cut her hair.
2. What does Heather say is necessary for advancement?
(a) Having lots of friends.
(b) Having lots of money.
(c) Knowing one's goals.
(d) Knowing one's limitations.
3. Why does Melinda buy her lunch on her first day of school?
(a) So she can first see what is fashionable in what one brings for lunch.
(b) Her mother had not gone to the grocery store the day before.
(c) She has plenty of money.
(d) Because she wants to stand in line next to a boy.
4. What poster is on the wall in Melinda's space at school?
(a) Maya Angelou.
(b) Tom Hanks.
(c) A Wombat.
(d) A Bengal Tiger.
5. What does the art teacher think the establishment has beaten out of the students?
(b) Ability to think.
6. Who sits with Melinda at lunch in "First Marking Period"?
7. According to Heather, what is a common mistake most nine graders make?
(a) Pretending they are older students.
(b) Hanging back.
(c) Trying to act too sophisticated.
(d) Going to parties with older students.
8. What does Melinda think would make David Petrakis cute?
(a) New clothing.
(b) A different hair style.
(c) Less pimples.
(d) No braces.
9. What is the name of Melinda's new school?
(a) Merideth High.
(b) Merryweather High.
(c) Jones High School.
(d) Edgewater High School.
10. What is Rachelle reclaiming?
(a) Her Native American heritage.
(b) Her Cajun heritage.
(c) Her African heritage.
(d) Her European heritage.
11. What dress does Melinda think was distracting on her biology teacher?
(a) A bright green dress with lavender bunnies.
(b) An African caftan.
(c) A purple dress with bright blue flowers.
(d) A bright orange dress with purple daisies.
12. Who winks at Melinda?
(a) Some guy she does not know.
(d) Her math teacher.
13. Why does the ecology club protest the new mascot name?
(a) It is too fierce an image.
(b) It doesn't seem very competitive.
(c) It is disrespectful.
(d) It should feature an endangered animal to create awareness.
14. What does Melinda name the high school's principal?
(a) Principal Principal.
(b) Principal Tyrant.
(c) Principal Scarface.
(d) Principal Do Good.
15. What is one rule of Heather's probation in her new "clan"?
(a) She has to make one charitable call every night.
(b) She must go straight home every day after school.
(c) She has to tutor one unfortunate child every month.
(d) She may not take credit for her charitable work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melinda take to art class after Thanksgiving?
2. How is Melinda feeling physically as she boards the school bus?
3. What is the name of the "clan" that Heather has found?
4. How does Melinda think Heather got into the clan?
5. What does Melinda nickname her English teacher?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)