|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Melinda's mother work?
(a) A bank.
(b) A lawyer's office.
(c) A clothing store.
(d) A beauty salon.
2. Where does Melinda decide to spend her time after school?
(a) Working on her trees.
(b) Spying on the football team.
(c) At the gym watching Rachel.
(d) In her closet at the school.
3. What is the new name of the school's "mascot"?
(a) The Trojans.
(b) The Lions.
(c) The Eagles.
(d) The Blue Devils.
4. Who is in Melinda's art class that won't speak to her?
5. What does Nichole make look easy?
(a) Taking tests.
(b) Talking to boys.
(c) Completing math problems.
6. How does Melinda think Heather got into the clan?
(a) She blackmails someone.
(b) Her father.
(c) A money bribe.
(d) She offers to do all their running around.
7. What does Melinda do when the cheerleaders come into the gym during the pep rally?
8. What does Melinda's family end up eating on Thanksgiving?
(d) Ham and eggs.
9. What does Melinda name the high school's principal?
(a) Principal Do Good.
(b) Principal Scarface.
(c) Principal Tyrant.
(d) Principal Principal.
10. Why does Melinda buy her lunch on her first day of school?
(a) Because she wants to stand in line next to a boy.
(b) Her mother had not gone to the grocery store the day before.
(c) She has plenty of money.
(d) So she can first see what is fashionable in what one brings for lunch.
11. What did Melinda do last year on Halloween?
(a) Babysat for a neighbor.
(b) Went out with her "clan."
(c) Stayed home and read Dracula.
(d) Went to a scary movie.
12. Why does Melinda end up sitting near the front?
(a) So she can see if any of her friends are going to make contact with her.
(b) So she can be the first to get off.
(c) To talk to the driver.
(d) To save a seat for her best friend.
13. With what does Heather beg Melinda's help?
(a) Doing her algebra.
(b) Flirting with a boy.
(c) Decorating the faculty lounge.
(d) Getting into the glee club.
14. Who introduces herself to Melinda in "First Marking Period"?
15. Where do the ninth graders go when they arrive on the first day of school?
(a) Their first period class.
(b) The auditorium.
(d) The gymnasium.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David describe the tone of Mr. Neck's lecture in "Second Marking Period"?
2. What does Melinda see as Heather's greatest character flaw?
3. Who solves a math problem at the board in "First Marking Period"?
4. What does Heather say is necessary for advancement?
5. What does Melinda have to maintain in her English and Social Studies classes?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)