|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Marking Period (through page 70).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Melinda believe her algebra teacher makes no sense?
(a) When he tells stories about his job as a newspaper boy when he was young.
(b) When he tells stories about why one should learn algebra.
(c) When he talks about algebra in relation to meeting his wife.
(d) When he talks about his time in Vietnam.
2. What did Melinda do last year on Halloween?
(a) Went out with her "clan."
(b) Went to a scary movie.
(c) Babysat for a neighbor.
(d) Stayed home and read Dracula.
3. On what is Melinda concentrating in art class in "First Marking Period"?
(a) Painting a tree.
(b) Painting a sunset.
(c) Painting a dog.
(d) Painting her nightmare.
4. What happens when Melinda tries to talk to her parents or a teacher in "Second Marking Period"?
(a) She tells them something that makes no sense.
(b) She lies.
(c) She acts as if there is nothing wrong?
(d) She sputters or freezes.
5. What does the art teacher think the establishment has beaten out of the students?
(c) Ability to think.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melinda's mother forget to do on Thanksgiving?
2. On what team is Nichole?
3. What is the name of Melinda's new school?
4. What embarrasses Melinda in Spanish class?
5. Why does Melinda end up sitting near the front?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)