|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Second Marking Period (through page 70).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new name of the school's "mascot"?
(a) The Lions.
(b) The Blue Devils.
(c) The Trojans.
(d) The Eagles.
2. Why does Melinda see math as being easy?
(a) It is useful.
(b) It has definite rules.
(c) There is no room for debate.
(d) It requires little reading.
3. How does David describe the tone of Mr. Neck's lecture in "Second Marking Period"?
(c) Racist and intolerant.
4. Why does Melinda's Spanish teacher break the "no English" rule?
(a) To chastise a boy who is rude.
(b) To get the students out of the class when the fire alarm rings.
(c) To chastise a boy who swears in Spanish.
(d) To threaten the students with detention if they do not do their homework.
5. What does Heather want to sign her and Melinda up to do?
(b) Volunteer with children in the city art program.
(c) Volunteer to read to blind people.
(d) Participate in the musical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Melinda end up sitting near the front?
2. Who introduces herself to Melinda in "First Marking Period"?
3. Where does Melinda decide to spend her time after school?
4. With what does Melinda's English teacher threaten Melinda?
5. How many clubs does Heather want Melinda to join?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)