* It's Melinda Sordino's first day of high school, and she boards the school bus with a stomachache and a sense of fear.
* Her friends from middle school glare at her and she sits alone.
* None of her friends are speaking to Melinda anymore. Melinda hears a bunch of kids laughing and know they're laughing at her.
* Melinda's best friend, Rachel, mouths the words "I hate you" to Melinda.
* Melinda gives nicknames to most of her teachers.
* Melinda is harassed in the cafeteria and flees into the halls, where Mr. Neck gives her a demerit for being in the halls without a pass.
* Melinda arrives to art class and finds a sanctuary in the class and teacher.
* Melinda thinks the art teacher is weird, but she likes him.
* Mr. Freeman, the art teacher, has each student pick a paper from a broken globe that...
This section contains 2,331 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)