|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Elsie compare Dick in Chapter 43?
2. What does May do after Dick tells her about the baby?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Calls her sister.
(c) Leaves him.
(d) Calls Elsie.
3. Where does Dick meet with his family after the hurricane?
(a) Eddie's house.
(b) The Neptune.
(c) Elsie's house.
(d) Miss Perry's house.
4. What is the program Dick watches at The Neptune?
(a) Schuyler's documentary.
(b) Dog the Bounty Hunter.
(c) The World Series.
(d) Law and Order.
5. Elsie says Schuyler is happy because ______________________.
(a) He bought a boat.
(b) He got a raise.
(c) He and Marie are back together.
(d) He sold his documentary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the value of the books Miss Perry has given Dick's boys?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reaction from the other men watching the documentary?
3. What does Elsie want to show Dick?
4. At what skill is Dick becoming more proficient?
5. Where does Dick take Keith and Charlie in Chapter 44?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is May's response to Dick when he tells her about his affair with Elsie?
2. How does Dick feel himself becoming more like the people he used to hate?
3. How does Schuyler's documentary put Dick in an unfavorable light?
4. Describe Dick's state of mind trying to balance May and Elsie in his life.
5. Why is Dick confused about May's comments about what women want in their lives?
6. How does Dick avoid telling May the truth about his affair with Elsie?
7. What is the symbolism of the spartina and the Wedding Cake that are still intact after the hurricane?
8. Why does May ask Dick for $100?
9. How does the damage done to Dick's house mirror the damage to himself?
10. What does Eddie note about Dick's mood even though the boat is finished and ready for launching?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)