|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Rhode Island town where Dick lives?
2. Who is willing to lend Dick $1,000?
(a) Elsie's brother-in-law.
(c) Miss Perry.
3. What does Dick borrow from his neighbor, Eddie Wormsley?
(a) A ladder.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
4. What does Dick have to really concentrate on now?
(a) Making money.
(b) His boat.
(c) Reading New England history books.
(d) The lies he tells May.
5. What does Dick have to reprimand Charlie about?
(a) Being careful what he says on the radio.
(b) Smoking pot.
(c) Sleeping too late.
(d) Leaving beer cans sitting around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Perry bring with her each year on Dick's birthday?
2. What does Dick tell May when he returns home from Miss Perry's?
3. What does Miss Perry talk about at dinner?
4. What is the rendezvous point for the drug deal?
5. What does May tell Dick she will not do again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Neptune?
2. Describe the parallel that emerges between Dick and his deceased father.
3. How does the author show the vulnerable side of Elsie's normally strong personality?
4. Explain Dick's thoughts as he begins to understand the complications of the drug smuggling situation with Parker.
5. What is the premise of SPARTINA?
6. What does Parker's cunning behavior begin to signify?
7. What are the differences between how May and Elsie view Dick's boat project?
8. Explain Dick's internal conflict and how it relates to Parker's influence.
9. What is Dick's internal struggle regarding needing people and not wanting to appear that he does?
10. How can Elsie be noted as the heroine of Chapter 10 and who would be the antithesis of that?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)