|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dick considering telling May?
(a) That he wants a divorce.
(b) That he had an affair with Elsie.
(c) That he sold his boat.
(d) That the house is a total loss.
2. Where does Dick go to wait out the hurricane?
(a) His house.
(b) The Spartina-May.
(c) The Neptune.
(d) The Wedding Cake.
3. What is Eddie concerned about after being with Dick?
(a) Dick's physical health.
(b) Dick's affair with Elsie.
(c) Whether Dick's boat is seaworthy.
(d) Dick's dark mood.
4. What does Elsie show to Dick?
(a) Plans for a house.
(b) Old journals.
(c) Her enlarged stomach.
(d) Her new Blackberry.
5. In what kind of light does the documentary show Dick?
6. Why did Elsie borrow the money for Dick from her brother-in-law instead of Miss Perry?
(a) Miss Perry was too depressed to be coherent.
(b) Miss Perry and Elsie had a fight.
(c) Elsie's brother-in-law didn't charge interest.
(d) Miss Perry changed her mind.
7. Why is the documentary unflattering to Dick?
(a) He appears to have profited from other's misfortunes.
(b) The lighting is very harsh.
(c) The angles are not good for his profile.
(d) He doesn't appear very bright.
8. Where is Dick headed as Chapter 32 opens?
(a) Parker's house.
(b) The Neptune.
(c) Elsie's house.
(d) Schuyler's house.
9. Who owns the boat, the Lydia P.?
(a) Captain Texeira.
10. What about Elsie seems to confuse Dick?
(a) Her clothing choices.
(b) Her odd house.
(c) Her mood changes.
(d) Her job choice.
11. What does May tell Dick to do?
(a) Call his mother.
(b) Talk with Charlie.
(c) Take out the trash.
(d) Take a shower.
12. What is one of the sensations that Dick has when he awakens?
13. Dick asks Parker if he had sex with Marie because _________________________.
(a) He loves her.
(b) Schuyler was too greedy in the drug deal.
(c) He was bored.
(d) She came on to him.
14. What is the name given to Dick's new boat?
(b) May Day.
(c) The Spartina.
(d) May Flower.
15. What do Dick and Parker talk about when they get out on the water?
(a) Parker's new house plans.
(b) What a great job Dick did on the boat.
(c) The money from the drug deal.
(d) Dick's affair with Elsie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dick going to Elsie's?
2. Why does May want the money from Dick?
3. Where does Elsie offer to go with Dick?
4. What is the value of the books Miss Perry has given Dick's boys?
5. Where does Dick meet with his family after the hurricane?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)