|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true as Chapter 46 begins?
(a) Elsie calls May to tell her about her affair with Dick.
(b) The first months of winter are profitable.
(c) Dick and his family are staying at Eddie's.
(d) Dick and his family are having a pleasant winter.
2. Who is the Vietnamese man that Parker brings on the trip?
3. What does Dick wonder if he will find now?
(a) His keys.
(c) His winter coat.
(d) His socks.
4. To whom does Elsie compare Dick in Chapter 43?
5. What does Dick do in January?
(a) Tells May about his affair.
(b) Asks May for a divorce.
(c) Sells his boat.
(d) Goes to the Gun and Knife Show.
6. Who comes to Dick's home in Chapter 41?
7. Why does May think Eddie won't get far with his new woman?
(a) He is not very reliable.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is too predictable.
8. What does Elsie want to show Dick?
(a) A new car.
(b) The blue canoe.
(c) Some baby sand turtles.
(d) Plans for a new house.
9. What do Dick and Eddie purchase for the boat in Chapter 31?
(d) Electronic equipment.
10. What time of day is it when Dick awakens on his boat?
(b) Late afternoon.
11. What is ruined on the trip getting Dick's boat to the boatyard?
(a) Some street signs.
(b) A mailbox.
(c) A portion of May's garden.
(d) The side of a car.
12. Where does May tell Dick he can go?
(a) The poker game.
(b) The ballgame.
(d) The Neptune.
13. What does May tell Dick that she wants?
(b) A job.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A new car.
14. What is another sensation that Dick has when he awakens?
15. Where is May when Dick tells her about his affair?
(a) Watching TV in the family room.
(b) Driving to the grocery.
(c) In the garden at their house.
(d) In a cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dick going to Elsie's?
2. What does Dick think will be the new driving force for his life?
3. How much money did Elsie borrow from her brother-in-law for Dick?
4. Who does Dick see on shore when he comes back from checking the lobster pots?
5. What is the condition of Dick's house after the storm?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)