|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick has only enough money for _______________ for his boat.
(a) A new engine.
(b) One coat of paint.
(c) New rigging.
(d) New radar.
2. What name does Parker call Dick?
(b) The dickster.
(c) Dick the Dude.
3. How does Charlie think about May in his mind?
(a) Solid and dependable.
4. What does Dick borrow from his neighbor, Eddie Wormsley?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(b) A tractor.
(d) A ladder.
5. What does Parker call Dick?
(a) A wonderful father.
(b) A whale of a fisherman.
(c) A non-player.
(d) A jerk.
6. What are Dick's plans to get more money to continue finishing his boat?
(a) Get a bank loan.
(b) Sell his house.
(c) Go on another swordfish trip.
(d) Borrow money from Joxer.
7. Why does Tom not go along to empty the lobster pots?
(a) He has plans with a friend.
(b) He has homework to do.
(c) He has baseball practice.
(d) May won't allow it.
8. Who comes to look at Dick's boat in Chapter 14?
(a) Miss Perry.
(c) Captain Texeira.
(d) Joxer Goode.
9. What happens after the noise of the party dies down?
(a) The guests swim naked.
(b) The guests go into town for more beer.
(c) The guests go boating.
(d) The guests go home.
10. What does Elsie do that annoys Dick?
(a) Films him preparing for the trip.
(b) Tells stupid jokes.
(c) Smokes too many cigarettes.
(d) Giggles like a girl.
11. What do Dick and his boys put in a fifty-five gallon drum?
12. What is the name of the local bar where the fishermen hang out?
(a) Hook, Line & Drinker.
(b) Poseidon's Adventure.
(c) The Mermaid's Lair.
(d) The Neptune.
13. Where do Dick and Eddie Wormsley go to buy materials?
(a) The Home Depot.
(c) The salvage warehouse.
14. Who does Dick tell May he is going to ask about borrowing money?
(a) Miss Perry.
(b) Miss Dillard.
(c) Miss Pearson.
(d) Miss Hall.
15. What is Dick's mood regarding the loan to finish his boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Larry shooting out on the water?
2. What is attached to the harpooned fish that allows the fishermen to follow it in the water?
3. What does Dick have to reprimand Charlie about?
4. What do Dick and Elsie do at Elsie's house?
5. What is particularly notable about the whelps?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)