|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick think would improve the chances of catching swordfish?
(a) Better weather.
(b) Better location.
(c) A bigger boat.
(d) A spotter plane.
2. Which of the following does Parker NOT consider when escaping back to the Mamzelle?
(a) If all the Coat Guard was after them.
(b) If they just hit an unlucky night.
(c) If Keith is OK on the Mamzelle.
(d) If an informant tricked them.
3. In what state does the story take place?
(d) Rhode Island.
4. Parker asks unusual questions about directions to and from _____________________.
(a) The Neptune.
(b) The Islander Club.
(d) Mary Scanlon's restaurant.
5. What does Elsie prepare on board?
(a) Cold drinks.
6. Where does Dick spend most of his afternoons now?
(a) Elsie's house.
(b) The Neptune.
(c) The library.
(d) The boat house.
7. What has Dick left unattended lately?
(a) His wife.
(b) His boys.
(c) His boat.
(d) His lobster pots.
8. What do Dick and Elsie do in the mud?
(a) Make love.
(b) Search for lost coins.
(c) Carve their initials.
(d) Dig for clams.
9. What is a quahog?
(a) A clam.
(b) A bacteria.
(c) A mascot.
(d) A tractor.
10. What does Dick have to reprimand Charlie about?
(a) Leaving beer cans sitting around.
(b) Being careful what he says on the radio.
(c) Smoking pot.
(d) Sleeping too late.
11. Elsie says that Dick is _____________.
12. What is The Wedding Cake?
(a) An office building.
(b) A wedding chapel.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A house.
13. Who goes after a swordfish in a dory?
14. How does Charlie think about May in his mind?
(b) Solid and dependable.
15. What does Elsie tell Dick while they are in the blue canoe?
(a) That she is moving away.
(b) About an abortion she had.
(c) She loves him.
(d) An erotic story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Miss Perry's mood in Chapter 29?
2. Who is the college boy who helps out on the crab dumping trip?
3. Why does Dick feel so low after securing a loan to finish his boat?
4. What does Elsie do in the crow's nest?
5. Who meets Parker, Dick and Keith when they dock?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)