|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick has only enough money for _______________ for his boat.
(a) New radar.
(b) One coat of paint.
(c) A new engine.
(d) New rigging.
2. Why does Dick feel so low after securing a loan to finish his boat?
(a) Miss Perry has died.
(b) He has given up his independence.
(c) May has left him.
(d) Charlie has gone away to school.
3. How many swordfish do Dick and Charlie catch each day?
4. Who meets Parker, Dick and Keith when they dock?
(c) Dick's sons.
(d) Plainclothes cops.
5. What is Larry shooting out on the water?
6. What type of event do Dick and his sons manage for Joxer?
(a) A graduation party.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A clambake.
(d) A retirement party.
7. Why does Tom not go along to empty the lobster pots?
(a) May won't allow it.
(b) He has plans with a friend.
(c) He has homework to do.
(d) He has baseball practice.
8. Why does Dick go to Miss Perry's house in Chapter 29?
(a) To borrow her camera.
(b) To return some books.
(c) To prune her hedges.
(d) To thank her for the loan.
9. What is the name of the local bar where the fishermen hang out?
(a) The Neptune.
(b) The Mermaid's Lair.
(c) Poseidon's Adventure.
(d) Hook, Line & Drinker.
10. What does Parker want to buy from Dick?
(a) His cabins.
(b) His house.
(c) His skiff.
(d) His acreage.
11. Where did Dick and his friend, Larry Parker, once take a fifty-five foot boat?
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) The Red Sea.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The Caribbean.
12. Elsie says that Dick is _____________.
13. In what did Dick unknowingly smuggle heroin for Larry?
(b) Teddy bear.
(d) Dop kit.
14. What is Dick's mood regarding the loan to finish his boat?
15. What do Dick and Elsie do in the mud?
(a) Make love.
(b) Search for lost coins.
(c) Carve their initials.
(d) Dig for clams.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Elsie's father once have an affair?
2. What do Parker and Dick catch a lot of on the swordfish trip?
3. What is particularly notable about the whelps?
4. Where do Dick and Eddie Wormsley go to buy materials?
5. Which of the following does Parker NOT consider when escaping back to the Mamzelle?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)