|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Balthazar and Lorenzo find a hiding place to listen and watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio talk?
2. How does the audience know what Balthazar and Lorenzo are thinking as they secretly watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio?
(a) Balthazar and Lorenzo mime what they are thinking.
(b) Balthazar and Lorenzo interject comments that the other characters cannot hear.
(c) Balthazar and Lorenzo hold up signs showing what they are thinking.
(d) The audience does not know what they are thinking.
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, how does Revenge respond to the Ghost's question about why he's being made to sit through a celebration of the man who killed him?
(a) Revenge says that he is actually the guilty one.
(b) Revenge says the joy of all characters will be turned to misery.
(c) Revenge says that he likes seeing the Ghost's pain.
(d) Revenge says the characters are not as happy as they seem.
4. What does Lorenzo promise he will do while Balthazar distracts himself with sport and partying?
(a) Convince the viceroy to give Balthazar money.
(b) Convince the king to make Balthazar a general.
(c) Convince Revenge to save Balthazar.
(d) Convince Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar.
5. Of what does Lorenzo try to assure Balthazar at the start of Act 2?
(a) That Bel-Imperia will love him.
(b) That he will inherit a position of power.
(c) That he is not guilty of murder.
(d) That his life is not at risk.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what play is The Spanish Tragedy a sequel?
2. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Who is the king's nephew?
4. Why is Proserpine allowed to return to earth for six months of the year?
5. What does the king ask Castile in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)