|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the procession that appears after the trumpet sounds in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Lorenzo and Don Pedro.
(b) Lorenzo and Horatio.
(c) Andrea and Balthazar.
(d) Balthazar and Lorenzo.
2. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
3. Which of the following is not a way that the Scene 1 in the play acts?
(a) As foreshadowing.
(b) As a frame.
(c) As a prologue.
(d) As exposition.
4. What does the general report about the progress of Spain's war with Portugal in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Spain has been defeated and the tribute will be paid.
(b) Portugal has won the war and will pay Spain a tribute.
(c) Portugal has been defeated and the tribute will be paid.
(d) Spain has won the war and will pay Portugal a tribute.
5. Which of the following characters does not have a say in the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(b) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who challenged Don Pedro during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
2. What does Villuppo reveal to the audience in an aside at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Of what does Lorenzo try to assure Balthazar at the start of Act 2?
4. When the king arrives, what reason does Balthazar whisper to Bel-Imperia that he is still alive?
5. When Pedringano appears on stage for the first time, of what does Lorenzo remind him?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)