|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Horatio's father?
(c) Don Pedro.
2. Why does Balthazar come to visit Bel-Imperia in the Spanish court?
(a) To court her.
(b) To kill her.
(c) To trick her.
(d) To reveal Andrea's guilt.
3. Who helps Balthazar and Lorenzo find a hiding place to listen and watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio talk?
4. What does the king tell Castile to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Meet Balthazar privately.
(b) Convince Bel-Imperia to open her heart to Balthazar.
(c) Pay a higher ransom to obtain Balthazar.
(d) Pray to God to bring Andrea back.
5. Which of the following does the Ambassador NOT do in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Tell the king the ransom has been paid.
(b) Promise to pass the king's message to the viceroy.
(c) Promise to kill Horatio.
(d) Tell the king that Balthazar has sent his regards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took Balthazar prisoner during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
2. Who is with Bel-Imperia when Balthazar arrives in the Spanish court?
3. Who leads the procession that appears after the trumpet sounds in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the relationship between Balthazar and Andrea?
5. Why does the king want a marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)