|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Andrea told he is brought back from the underworld?
(a) To kill his best friend.
(b) To see revenge taken on the man who killed him.
(c) To see how to write a play.
(d) To understand the hatred of humanity.
2. Of what does Lorenzo try to assure Balthazar at the start of Act 2?
(a) That his life is not at risk.
(b) That he will inherit a position of power.
(c) That he is not guilty of murder.
(d) That Bel-Imperia will love him.
3. How does the viceroy respond to Alexandro's claims about Balthazar?
(a) He does not believe him.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He wants to take a search party to find him immediately.
(d) He is ecstatic.
4. As Bel-Imperia and Horatio return to the banquet after their private conversation, where does Lorenzo say Horatio's soul is headed soon?
(a) "Trap of marriage."
(b) "Eternal night."
(c) "True love."
5. How does the audience know what Balthazar and Lorenzo are thinking as they secretly watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio?
(a) The audience does not know what they are thinking.
(b) Balthazar and Lorenzo hold up signs showing what they are thinking.
(c) Balthazar and Lorenzo interject comments that the other characters cannot hear.
(d) Balthazar and Lorenzo mime what they are thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Balthazar come to visit Bel-Imperia in the Spanish court?
2. Which of the following does the viceroy not lament during his aside to his two courtiers?
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, how does Revenge respond to the Ghost's question about why he's being made to sit through a celebration of the man who killed him?
4. How does the king interpret the the use of warriors in the play presented at his banquet?
5. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)