|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not have a say in the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(b) The king.
2. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
3. Why does the king want a marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) He wants what is best for Bel-Imperia.
(b) He wants what is best for Balthazar.
(c) It will cement the peace between Spain and Portugal.
(d) He has been bribed by Lorenzo and wants his reward.
4. How does the audience know what Balthazar and Lorenzo are thinking as they secretly watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio?
(a) Balthazar and Lorenzo hold up signs showing what they are thinking.
(b) Balthazar and Lorenzo interject comments that the other characters cannot hear.
(c) The audience does not know what they are thinking.
(d) Balthazar and Lorenzo mime what they are thinking.
5. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which title does Balthazar hold?
2. Why does Horatio hesitate to tell the story of Andrea's death in the Spanish court?
3. What does Alexandro tell the viceroy about Balthazar?
4. What does Villuppo reveal to the audience in an aside at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does the viceroy confirm with the two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)