|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scenes 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Proserpine allowed to return to earth for six months of the year?
(a) To exert revenge.
(b) To visit her friends.
(c) To roam the earth in pity.
(d) To be with her mother.
2. How long does the king say Balthazar will be kept prisoner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A lifetime.
(b) Until the tribute is paid.
(c) Two months.
(d) He will be immediately released.
3. Who leads the procession that appears after the trumpet sounds in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Lorenzo and Horatio.
(b) Andrea and Balthazar.
(c) Balthazar and Lorenzo.
(d) Lorenzo and Don Pedro.
4. How does Pedringano say he found out about Bel-Imperia and Horatio's relationship?
(a) By spying on them in the garden.
(b) By seeing love letters she sent Horatio.
(c) By overhearing the maids talking about it.
(d) By the admission of Bel-Imperia.
5. When the procession in Act 1, Scene 2 passes by the king, to whom does the king demand a reward be given?
(a) Horatio and Balthazar.
(b) All the soldiers.
(c) Andrea and Lorenzo.
(d) Lorenzo and Balthazar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the viceroy respond to Alexandro's claims about Balthazar?
2. Once Villuppo tells the viceroy what happened to Balthazar, what does the viceroy say?
3. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why does Balthazar come to visit Bel-Imperia in the Spanish court?
5. Where is the viceroy when he speaks with two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)