Act 1, Scene 1
• A Ghost appears, accompanied by a representation of Revenge.
• The Ghost introduces himself as Andrea and talks about how he lived as a Spanish noble, loved Bel-Imperia and was slain in battle with Portugal.
• The Ghost also talks about his journey through the Underworld, where governing spirits debated what was to be done with his soul.
• Andrea was eventually judged by Pluto, the ruler of the Underworld, and Proserpine, his queen.
• Prosperine assigned Revenge to deal with the ghost, and Revenge brought him back to the land of the living.
• Revenge tells the Ghost he's been brought back to see revenge taken on the man that killed him -- Balthazar, the prince of Portugal.
Act 1, Scene 2
• A general tells the Spanish king, the Duke of Castile and Hieronimo that Portugal has been defeated.
• The king and Castile offer prayers of thanksgiving.
• The general tells how Andrea...
This section contains 3,340 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)