|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the attackers of the ship want?
(a) The wizard.
(c) The Luggage.
2. What has the Librarian been turned into?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An orangutan.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A cat.
3. Why does Ardrothy leave the city?
(a) The wizards can make better pie than he.
(b) He doesn't like wizards.
(c) He lost all of his pies.
(d) The wizards tell him to leave.
4. What does Carding suggest that the wizards do with Coin?
(a) Teach him.
(b) Wait until morning to see how things are.
(d) Lock him up.
5. What happens to Rincewind at the end of the attack?
(a) They take him prisoner.
(b) He faints.
(c) He is wounded badly.
(d) He jumps overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the sourcerer when he arrives at the University?
2. What does Conina tell Rincewind about the hat after the attackers are gone?
3. What causes Carding to go flying across the room into the wall?
4. What does Coin do to the pictures of the Archchancellors hanging in the Great Hall?
5. What does Spelter tell the Librarian the first time he visits him after Coin arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Magnificent Hat claim about its own virtues?
2. What kind of books does the Librarian watch over and what kind of a Librarian is he?
3. What happens to the Magnificent Hat which was intended for the new Archchancellor?
4. How do the townspeople react when the wizards enter the streets and announce they are now ruling the city?
5. How do Conina and Rincewind get the Magnificent Hat back after it is taken from them at The Troll's Head?
6. Specifically, how does Coin transform the Great Hall?
7. How does the Magnificent Hat convince Conina and Rincewind to get on the boat and go far from the Unseen University?
8. How is Rincewind first described? Why does he leave the Unseen University?
9. What does Coin first create when he challenges Billias?
10. What happens to Carding when he touches the staff for the first time?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)