|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What carries the mattress across the lawn of the University?
(a) Bed bugs.
2. What does Carding suggest that the wizards do with Coin?
(a) Wait until morning to see how things are.
(c) Lock him up.
(d) Teach him.
3. What convinces Rincewind that he should help the shadow?
(a) He knows it is the right thing to do.
(b) He wants to be an important wizard.
(c) The Librarian.
(d) The shadow is a beautiful woman.
4. What does Billias create after he is challenged by Coin?
(a) A castle in a glittering ball.
(b) A garden in a glittering ball.
(c) A river in a glittering ball.
(d) A dragon in a glittering ball.
5. How does death take the sourcerer's mother?
(a) At birth.
(b) In an accident.
(c) With an illness.
(d) In a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ipslore go after Death hits him with lightening?
2. What question does the shadow ask Rincewind?
3. How does the Patrician respond to Carding's words of the future of the city?
4. What does Coin want all wizards to gather for?
5. What carries Discworld?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the sourcerer came to be.
2. How is Rincewind first described? Why does he leave the Unseen University?
3. How do Conina and Rincewind get the Magnificent Hat back after it is taken from them at The Troll's Head?
4. What does Rincewind tell Conina about what he would like to see his future hold?
5. What is the new magic like at the Unseen University now that the sourcerer is there?
6. What does Coin first create when he challenges Billias?
7. What challenge does Coin propose to the wizards in regard to their power and Discworld?
8. What does the Magnificent Hat tell Rincewind and Conina that they must do?
9. What happens with Coin's first encounter with the wizards?
10. What happens to the Magnificent Hat which was intended for the new Archchancellor?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)