|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Conina go into the harem without a fight?
(a) She wants to see what happens in the harem.
(b) She has been given a potion.
(c) She knows they will not hurt her.
(d) She wants Creosote to think she is harmless.
2. Where did Luggage awake after he leaves Rincewind?
(a) In the dessert outside of Al Khali.
(b) In the alley behind the tavern.
(c) Back at the harem.
(d) In the tavern.
3. What happens to the slab in the wall that Nijel finds?
(a) It closes them in.
(b) It revolves.
(c) Rincewind blows it up.
(d) Rincewood opens it with an "abbra kadabra".
4. How do wizards feel about philosophy?
(a) They find no need for it.
(b) They just ignore it.
(c) They live by it.
(d) They don't like it much.
5. What confession does Conina tell Nijel and Creosote?
(a) She has never met her father.
(b) She does not like fighting.
(c) She is a bad hairdresser.
(d) She wants the wizards to win.
6. What is happening with the magic at the University now that Coin has enhanced it?
(a) It never stops, so it is not always positive.
(b) There is too much, so it is always negative.
(c) Coin puts a hold on it temporarily.
(d) The wizards want to use more and more of it.
7. Once in the harem, what does Creosote ask Conina to do?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Tell him a story.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Marry him.
8. Why does RIncewind believe that the hat won the war?
(a) Another tower is being built.
(b) The water in the river is rising.
(c) The wizards are all gathered at the base of the tower.
(d) The magic seems to have stopped.
9. How many books are in the Library?
10. What does Conina call Rincewind after they see the tower made by Coin?
(a) A maginificent wizard.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A failure.
(d) A god.
11. What has Creosote fed to Rincewind when Rincewind and Conina first meet him?
(a) Fried honey.
(b) Fried locusts.
(c) Roast peacock tongue.
(d) Iced sherbert.
12. What does Coin tell the wizards to do with the books from the old University Library?
(a) Store them.
(b) Leave them in the old University.
(c) Burn them.
(d) Move them to the new University.
13. According to the story, what happens to most inspirational thought?
(a) It gets lost in the wind.
(b) It lands in places that can't use it.
(c) It only comes along every so often.
(d) It is wasted on the stupid.
14. What do Rincewind, Conina, Nijel, and Creosote discover about the booby traps placed by Creosote's grandfather in the treasury room?
(a) They no longer function.
(b) They are easy to surpass.
(c) They are non-existent.
(d) They are impossible to survive.
15. How large is the new University?
(a) Two miles up.
(b) Ten miles wide.
(c) A half a mile up.
(d) Five miles wide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows Spelter to the Library when he goes to speak to the Librarian about what Coin said to do with the books?
2. Where do Rincewind, Conina, Creosote, and Nijel go after they leave Abrim?
3. How does the barbarian hero get caught by Creosote?
4. Where does Nijel get his barbaric skills from?
5. What does Conina do to Rincewind when he starts to tell Nijel about her father?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)