|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once in the harem, what does Creosote ask Conina to do?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Tell him a story.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Marry him.
2. What confession does Nijel tell Conina and Creosote?
(a) He is not a barbarian hero.
(b) He is 20 years old.
(c) He never used a sword before.
(d) He was once a bad wizard.
3. What is the reason the genie gives for not knowing where he is when he comes out of the lamp?
(a) Genies never know where they are.
(b) It has been a thousand years since he has been out.
(c) The lamp is time share.
(d) The last time he was out, he was in Turkey.
4. According to the story, what happens to most inspirational thought?
(a) It is wasted on the stupid.
(b) It only comes along every so often.
(c) It lands in places that can't use it.
(d) It gets lost in the wind.
5. What is missing from Creosote's treasury room?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) The treasure.
(c) The dragon.
(d) The guard.
6. What is the name of the lead wizard who Coin sends to the Library?
7. What does Nijel suggest to Rincewind about being a wizard?
(a) He should practice his magic more.
(b) He should enjoy it more.
(c) He should take off his robe and hat and stop being one.
(d) He should teach Nijel to be one.
8. What was Rincewind building while sleepwalking?
(a) A sand castle.
(b) A circle of rocks.
(c) A wall.
(d) A hole to hide in.
9. Why can't the wizards use magic in the Library?
(a) Coin told them not to.
(b) The Librarian's magic is too powerful.
(c) There magic does not work in there.
(d) There is too much magic in the books.
10. What does Abrim do to the door of the tower?
(a) He opens it.
(b) He breaks it down.
(c) He turns it to ashes.
(d) He shatters its glass.
11. How does Nijel react towards Conina after first meeting her?
(a) He is afraid she will hurt him.
(b) He flirts with her.
(c) He does not like her.
(d) He is nervous and shy.
12. What kind of a tree is said to be one of the origins of the Mage Wars?
(a) The Wandering Willow.
(b) The Powerful Redwood.
(c) The Tall Maplewood.
(d) The Sapient Pearwood.
13. Why does Luggage go to the tavern?
(a) He is looking for something to eat.
(b) To meet Suitcase.
(c) To find the hat.
(d) He is sick with love and needs a drink.
14. What objects do Rincewind, Conina, Nijel, and Creosote find in the secret room of the treasury room?
(a) A magic ring and a magic diamond.
(b) A magic lamp and a magic necklace.
(c) A magic diamond and a magic necklace.
(d) A magic lamp and magic ring.
15. Why don't the guards throw Rincewind into the eternal fire?
(a) They don't want to kill him.
(b) Creosote said not to hurt him.
(c) Wizards can't burn.
(d) It is not lit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the hiding wizards when they answer the door of the tower?
2. According to the story, how does the shape of DNA come about?
3. How does the barbarian hero get caught by Creosote?
4. Where does Conina demand that the genie take them?
5. What do Conina, Rincewind, and Nijel do when the wizards respond to Abrim and the hat?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)