|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
(a) Amy Tan.
(b) Peter Bacho.
(c) David Henry Hwang.
(d) Jhumpa Lahiri.
2. How does Scene 1 conclude?
(a) The Man falls asleep peacefully.
(b) The Woman sings to the Man.
(c) The Woman is cries in her room.
(d) The Man sits on a mat, sword by his side.
3. What reason does the Woman give the Man to stop his chore in Scene 3?
(a) It is time to eat.
(b) She will finish it.
(c) He looks tired.
(d) There is no more to do.
4. What does the Man notice the Woman is staring at in Scene 3?
(a) The sun.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His belly.
(d) His muscles.
5. What is the Man doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Writing in a journal.
(c) Practicing with his sword.
(d) Chopping wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Woman convince the Man to do at the conclusion of the second scene?
2. What does the Woman bring the Man in Scene 2?
3. Who are the two main characters?
4. What does the Woman thank the Man for doing in the third scene?
5. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)