|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
(a) The vase of flowers.
(b) Her silk kimono.
(c) The Man's sleeping mat.
(d) The Man's sword.
2. The Man reveals he is from where?
(a) The city.
(b) The north.
(c) The south.
(d) Across the sea.
3. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
(b) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(c) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
(d) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
4. What does the Man say scares him?
5. What name does the Woman say is too common?
(a) Man Who Fears Darkness.
(b) Man Who Fears Silence.
(c) Man Who Fears Himself.
(d) Man Who Fears Women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
2. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
3. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
4. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
5. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)