|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
(a) The Man's sword.
(b) The vase of flowers.
(c) Her silk kimono.
(d) The Man's sleeping mat.
2. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
(a) Table and chairs.
(b) A vase of flowers.
(c) A stained glass window.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
3. What is the first thing the Woman does for the Man?
(a) Brings food.
(b) Takes his cloak.
(c) Removes his shoes.
(d) Pours tea.
4. In Scene 1, the Woman reveals that she does not have many what?
5. How does Scene 1 conclude?
(a) The Woman sings to the Man.
(b) The Woman is cries in her room.
(c) The Man falls asleep peacefully.
(d) The Man sits on a mat, sword by his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Man say scares him?
2. What name does the Woman say is too common?
3. The Man reveals he is from where?
4. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
5. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)