|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
2. What country is the play's setting?
(d) United States.
3. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
(a) What his purpose here is.
(b) If he is married.
(c) How old he is.
(d) What his name is.
4. Who is the author of "The Sound of a Voice"?
(a) Jhumpa Lahiri.
(b) Amy Tan.
(c) David Henry Hwang.
(d) Peter Bacho.
5. The Woman says she is glad to hear what?
(a) The rush of the river.
(b) The birds' singing.
(c) Horses galloping.
(d) The sound of a voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
2. What is the first thing the Woman does for the Man?
3. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
4. The Man says he is accustomed to what?
5. What does the Man ask the Woman when she tells him her fears?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)