|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Man reveals he is from where?
(a) Across the sea.
(b) The south.
(c) The north.
(d) The city.
2. What names does the Woman jokingly call the Man?
(a) Man Who Is Unafraid and Man Who Is Brave.
(b) Man Who Fears Love and Man Who Fears Himself.
(c) Man Who Loves Life and Man Who Drinks.
(d) Man Who Fears Silence and Man Who Fears Women.
3. What does the Man say about the flowers in the vase?
(a) They are poisonous.
(b) They are beautiful.
(c) They do not grow nearby.
(d) They are ugly.
4. What is/are the only prop/props seen onstage at the start of the play?
(a) A wheelbarrow.
(b) Table and chairs.
(c) A vase of flowers.
(d) A stained glass window.
5. What name does the Woman say the Man can call her?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first scene, after the Woman clears the dishes, what does she take with her out of the room?
2. As the Woman rolls out the sleeping mat, what does she ask the Man?
3. What is the Man disturbed by in Scene 1?
4. Who are the two main characters?
5. What does the Man do when he hears the noise that disturbs him?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)