Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. David Henry Hwang, the author of "The Sound of a Voice," is an Asian American whose heritage directly influences his work. Using examples from the play, answer the following with an essay:
1) How does the author's heritage influence the setting of the play?
2) How does the author's heritage influence the way the play is presented and the overall aesthetic?
3) What does the author reveal about his belief in the importance of cultural tradition through his writing?
2. "The Sound of a Voice" has a very simple presentation, from they play's appearance on stage...
This section contains 1,985 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)