David Henry Hwang, the author of "The Sound of a Voice," is an Asian American whose heritage directly influences his work. Using examples from the play, answer the following with an essay:
1) How does the author's heritage influence the setting of the play?
2) How does the author's heritage influence the way the play is presented and the overall aesthetic?
3) What does the author reveal about his belief in the importance of cultural tradition through his writing?
"The Sound of a Voice" has a very simple presentation, from they play's appearance on stage to the way the dialogue is written. Support your essay with examples from the play and respond to the following:
1) How is the simplicity of the play reflected in the physical appearance of the set?
2) How is the dialogue of the play a reflection of simplicity?
3) How does the limit of two characters in the play...
This section contains 1,877 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)