|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorraine call Jason in her letter?
(a) Looney tune
(b) Big man
(c) Steel buns
(d) Sweet daddy
2. What is the name of Quentin's friend?
3. What has Quentin told his father?
(a) That he wants to quit university
(b) That he is a homosexual
(c) That he has committed incest with his sister
(d) That he is wants to become a dustman
4. What does Jason tell the telegraph operator to do with his telegraph?
(a) To send it with love
(b) To throw it away
(c) To pay for it himself
(d) To send it collect
5. Who tries to attack Quentin?
(b) The girl's brother
(c) A skinhead
(d) Gerald Bland
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin tell Shreve he is carrying?
2. What is the name of the black man Quentin befriends?
3. How late does Jason say Caddy's check is?
4. What kind of fish are the three young boys fishing for?
5. Where does Caddy go to confront Jason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
2. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
3. Why does Ames say he hit Quentin?
4. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
5. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
6. Describe Quentin's character.
7. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
8. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
9. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
10. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)