|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Quentin's friend?
2. What does Quentin try to persuade Caddy not to do?
(a) Love him
(b) Marry Herbert
(c) Have her child
(d) Leave America
3. How does Quentin describe Gerald's hair?
(a) Wavy and brown
(b) Straight and black
(c) Curly and yellow
4. Who does Quentin see rowing on the river?
(a) Toby Marsh
(b) Blimp Gibson
(c) Gerald Bland
(d) Lottie Flower
5. Where does Caddy go to confront Jason?
(a) The local bar
(b) His store
(c) Their father's funeral
(d) The family home
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lorraine live?
2. What has Quentin told his father?
3. What does Jason never want Lorraine to do?
4. What does Jason say will happen to Dilsey if he lets Caddy see her child again?
5. Where does Jason go to check his shares?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
2. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
3. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
4. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
5. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
6. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
7. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
8. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
9. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
10. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)