|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Caddy offer Jason to get Quentin back?
2. Where does Caddy go to confront Jason?
(a) The family home
(b) The local bar
(c) His store
(d) Their father's funeral
3. What does Gerald think is the only thing women can do?
(d) Lay on their backs
4. How late does Jason say Caddy's check is?
(a) Six days
(b) Two months
(c) One day
(d) Two weeks
5. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he is celebrating?
(a) A family wedding
(b) A birthday
(c) His anniversay
(d) The boat race
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin say she will do if Jason does not release her?
2. What does Spoade call Quentin?
3. What does Jason never want Lorraine to do?
4. What is the opening phrase of this section?
5. What does Quentin think about the smell of honey suckle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ames say he hit Quentin?
2. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
3. Describe Quentin's character.
4. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
5. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
6. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
7. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
8. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
9. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
10. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)