|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Quentin told his father?
(a) That he wants to quit university
(b) That he has committed incest with his sister
(c) That he is a homosexual
(d) That he is wants to become a dustman
2. Who does Quentin see rowing on the river?
(a) Lottie Flower
(b) Toby Marsh
(c) Gerald Bland
(d) Blimp Gibson
3. How late does Jason say Caddy's check is?
(a) Six days
(b) Two months
(c) Two weeks
(d) One day
4. What does Quentin refuse to take from Herbert?
(a) A golf ball
(b) A cigar
5. What does Quentin buy at the hardware store?
(b) A screw driver
(c) A hammer
(d) Flat irons
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Caddy find out about her father's death?
2. How old is Quentin?
3. Who is the only member of the family whom Mrs. Compson thinks has not been a curse on her?
4. Why has Luster not changed Jason's tire?
5. Where does Quentin try and leave the child?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
2. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
3. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
4. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
5. What do you think is Jason's opinion on women?
6. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
7. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
8. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
9. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
10. How does Quentin see Caddy?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)