|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Quentin see in the bakery?
(a) An Italian child
(c) A stray dog
(d) His mother
2. What does Quentin refuse to take from Herbert?
(b) A golf ball
(d) A cigar
3. Whose watch can Quentin hear ticking?
(a) His father's
(b) His Grandfather's
(d) His mother's
4. How many notes does Quentin write?
5. Where does Lorraine live?
(c) North Carolina
(d) Las Vegas
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
2. What does Quentin say she will do if Jason does not release her?
3. Who does Quentin say buys her school books?
4. Why does Jason want to send Benjy to an asylum?
5. What kind of fish are the three young boys fishing for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
2. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
3. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
4. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
5. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
6. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
7. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
8. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
9. Why does Ames say he hit Quentin?
10. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)