|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Spoade call Quentin?
(a) Grandfather time
(c) Shreve's wife
(d) Mr. Wimpy
2. What is the name of Quentin's friend?
3. Where does Jason see Uncle Maury drinking?
(a) In a cave
(b) In church
(c) In the pantry
(d) Behind a gravestone
4. What does Quentin buy at the hardware store?
(a) A screw driver
(b) Flat irons
(c) A hammer
5. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
(a) A $100 note
(b) A check
(c) A blank piece of paper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin try to persuade Caddy not to do?
2. What does Quentin refuse to take from Herbert?
3. Who is the only member of the family whom Mrs. Compson thinks has not been a curse on her?
4. What was the name of Caddy's husband?
5. Where does Caddy find out about her father's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
2. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
3. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
4. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
5. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
6. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
7. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
8. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
9. How does Quentin see Caddy?
10. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)