|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jason send a telegram to?
2. What did Quentin cheat at?
(b) Ice hockey
3. What is the name of the black man Quentin befriends?
4. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
(a) Quentin's suicide
(b) His father's alcoholism
(c) Caddy's life
(d) His parents' marriage
5. What does Quentin say she will do if Jason does not release her?
(a) Slap him
(b) Stamp on his foot
(c) Kiss him
(d) Kill him
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jason go to check his shares?
2. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he has forgotten?
3. Where does Caddy find out about her father's death?
4. What does Caddy do when Quentin asks her if she loves Ames?
5. What is the name of Jason's mistress?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
2. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
3. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
4. Describe Quentin's character.
5. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
6. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
7. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
8. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
9. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
10. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)