|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quentin try to persuade Caddy not to do?
(a) Have her child
(b) Leave America
(c) Marry Herbert
(d) Love him
2. What does Jason do with the money Caddy sends for Quentin's upkeep?
(a) Gambles it on the horses
(b) Keeps it for himself
(c) Buys a house
(d) Buys a car
3. What illness does Jason tell Dilsey Caddy has?
4. Where does Lorraine live?
(c) North Carolina
(d) Las Vegas
5. Who does Jason send a telegram to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Jason give Lorraine last time they met?
2. What does Mrs. Compson do with the checks that Caddy sends?
3. What does Quentin tell Shreve he is carrying?
4. What is the name of Jason's mistress?
5. Where does Quentin try and leave the child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
2. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
3. Describe Quentin's character.
4. Why does Ames say he hit Quentin?
5. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
6. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
7. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
8. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
9. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
10. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)