|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason want to send Benjy to an asylum?
(a) Because Benjy is insane
(b) To get tax benefits
(c) So they can live a happier life
(d) Because Benjy is an embarrashment
2. Where does Caddy go to confront Jason?
(a) His store
(b) The family home
(c) Their father's funeral
(d) The local bar
3. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
4. What does Quentin buy after breakfast?
(a) A pair of swimming trunks
(b) A gun
(c) A cigar
(d) A cake
5. Who does Quentin say she wants?
(a) Her father
(c) Her mother
(d) Her boyfriend
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Quentin's father tell him about women?
2. What does Quentin try to persuade Caddy not to do?
3. What does Jason say will happen to Dilsey if he lets Caddy see her child again?
4. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
5. How much does Quentin have to pay to stop from going to court?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
2. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
3. What do you think is Jason's opinion on women?
4. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
5. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
6. How does Quentin see Caddy?
7. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
8. In what way does Faulkner suggest Caddy could be a homosexual?
9. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
10. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)