|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jason see Uncle Maury drinking?
(a) In church
(b) Behind a gravestone
(c) In the pantry
(d) In a cave
2. What is Mrs. Compson afraid Jason will do?
(a) Lose his temper with Quentin
(b) Lose his job
(c) Become an alcoholic
(d) Leave her
3. How does Quentin describe Gerald's hair?
(b) Wavy and brown
(c) Curly and yellow
(d) Straight and black
4. Who does Jason send a telegram to?
5. What has Quentin told his father?
(a) That he is wants to become a dustman
(b) That he has committed incest with his sister
(c) That he is a homosexual
(d) That he wants to quit university
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin do when the sheriff arrests him for abducting the Italian child?
2. Who does Quentin remember fighting with?
3. Who does Quentin recall talking to?
4. What does Lorraine call Jason in her letter?
5. What does Caddy do when Quentin asks her if she loves Ames?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
2. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
3. Why does Ames say he hit Quentin?
4. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
5. How does Quentin see Caddy?
6. Describe Quentin's character.
7. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
8. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
9. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
10. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)