|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
(a) A $100 note
(b) A blank piece of paper
(c) A check
2. Who is the only member of the family whom Mrs. Compson thinks has not been a curse on her?
(c) Her husband
3. What is the name of Jason's mistress?
4. What does Gerald think is the only thing women can do?
(a) Lay on their backs
5. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he is celebrating?
(a) The boat race
(b) A birthday
(c) A family wedding
(d) His anniversay
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Quentin think his sister has behaved?
2. What is Mrs. Compson afraid Jason will do?
3. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
4. How much does Caddy offer Jason to get Quentin back?
5. How much is a store in Boston offering for catching a trout?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
2. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
3. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
4. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
5. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
6. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
7. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
8. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
9. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
10. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)