|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
2. What is the opening phrase of this section?
(a) A man's man
(b) Once a bitch always a bitch
(c) Love is all round us
(d) Love not want not
3. Who does Quentin see rowing on the river?
(a) Gerald Bland
(b) Lottie Flower
(c) Blimp Gibson
(d) Toby Marsh
4. How old is Quentin?
5. What kind of Jews does Jason resent?
(a) Jews working on the New York stock market
(c) Orthodox Jews
(d) Eastern European Jews
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin say she will do if Jason does not release her?
2. What does Quentin tell the jeweler he has forgotten?
3. How much is a store in Boston offering for catching a trout?
4. What does Jason find in a letter from Caddy?
5. What does Quentin tell Shreve he is carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Quentin see Caddy?
2. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
3. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
4. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
5. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
6. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
7. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
8. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
9. In what way does Faulkner suggest Caddy could be a homosexual?
10. Why does Ames say he hit Quentin?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)