|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason want to punish Caddy?
(a) For lumbering him with Quentin
(b) For not giving him enough money
(c) For losing him his banking job
(d) For bringing shame on the family
2. Whose watch can Quentin hear ticking?
(a) His mother's
(b) His Grandfather's
(c) His father's
3. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
(a) Quentin's suicide
(b) His father's alcoholism
(c) His parents' marriage
(d) Caddy's life
4. What religion does Jason say he has nothing against?
(a) The Christian religion
(b) The Muslim religion
(c) The Jewish religion
(d) The Sikh religion
5. What was the name of Caddy's husband?
(a) Simon Goldsmith
(b) Anthony Corelli
(c) Jacob Legg
(d) Herbert Head
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin say she will do if Jason does not release her?
2. Who does Quentin say buys her school books?
3. Why has Luster not changed Jason's tire?
4. Who does Quentin remember fighting with?
5. How old is Quentin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
2. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
3. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
4. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
5. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
6. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
7. Why does Ames say he hit Quentin?
8. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
9. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
10. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)