|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quentin refuse to take from Herbert?
(b) A golf ball
(c) A cigar
2. What does Jason do with the money Caddy sends for Quentin's upkeep?
(a) Gambles it on the horses
(b) Buys a house
(c) Buys a car
(d) Keeps it for himself
3. Who does Quentin say she wants?
(a) Her father
(b) Her mother
(c) Her boyfriend
4. What is the name of Jason's boss?
5. What is "to go for a swim at night without knowing how to swim," a reference to?
(a) His parents' marriage
(b) Caddy's life
(c) His father's alcoholism
(d) Quentin's suicide
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Quentin remember fighting with?
2. Where does Quentin try and leave the child?
3. What does Jason tell the telegraph operator to do with his telegraph?
4. What does Quentin tell Shreve he is carrying?
5. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
2. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
3. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
4. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
5. In what way does Faulkner suggest Caddy could be a homosexual?
6. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
7. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
8. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
9. How does Quentin see Caddy?
10. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)