|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caddy go to confront Jason?
(a) His store
(b) The local bar
(c) Their father's funeral
(d) The family home
2. What illness does Jason tell Dilsey Caddy has?
3. What does Quentin try to persuade Caddy not to do?
(a) Have her child
(b) Leave America
(c) Marry Herbert
(d) Love him
4. How much does Caddy offer Jason to get Quentin back?
5. How much is a store in Boston offering for catching a trout?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
2. What did Quentin cheat at?
3. Where does Lorraine live?
4. What does Lorraine call Jason in her letter?
5. How does Quentin think his sister has behaved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
2. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
3. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
4. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
5. Describe Quentin's character.
6. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
7. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
8. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
9. How does Quentin see Caddy?
10. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)