|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason do with the money Caddy sends for Quentin's upkeep?
(a) Buys a car
(b) Buys a house
(c) Gambles it on the horses
(d) Keeps it for himself
2. What does Jason tell the telegraph operator to do with his telegraph?
(a) To send it with love
(b) To pay for it himself
(c) To send it collect
(d) To throw it away
3. Who does Quentin see rowing on the river?
(a) Gerald Bland
(b) Lottie Flower
(c) Blimp Gibson
(d) Toby Marsh
4. What kind of Jews does Jason resent?
(b) Orthodox Jews
(c) Eastern European Jews
(d) Jews working on the New York stock market
5. What does Lorraine call Jason in her letter?
(a) Looney tune
(b) Sweet daddy
(c) Steel buns
(d) Big man
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jason's boss?
2. What does Quentin do when the sheriff arrests him for abducting the Italian child?
3. Where does Jason see Uncle Maury drinking?
4. Where does Quentin try and leave the child?
5. Who does Quentin threaten to tell about Herbert's cheating?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
2. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
3. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
4. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
5. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
6. In what way does Faulkner suggest Caddy could be a homosexual?
7. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
8. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
9. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
10. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)