|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
2. Where does Caddy go to confront Jason?
(a) His store
(b) The local bar
(c) Their father's funeral
(d) The family home
3. How does Quentin think his sister has behaved?
(a) Like an alien from Mars
(b) Like his mother
(c) Like a nigger woman
(d) Like a mental patient
4. What does Uncle Maury chew to mask the alcohol on his breath?
5. Who does Quentin recall talking to?
(b) Herbert Head
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Quentin say she will do if Jason does not release her?
2. What did Quentin's father tell him about women?
3. What does Quentin try to persuade Caddy not to do?
4. How much does Caddy offer Jason to get Quentin back?
5. What did Quentin cheat at?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
2. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
3. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
4. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
5. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
6. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
7. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
8. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
9. Describe Quentin's character.
10. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)