|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Caddy offer Jason to get Quentin back?
2. Where does Caddy go to confront Jason?
(a) The local bar
(b) Their father's funeral
(c) The family home
(d) His store
3. What is the opening phrase of this section?
(a) A man's man
(b) Once a bitch always a bitch
(c) Love is all round us
(d) Love not want not
4. What does Quentin buy the child at the bakery?
(a) Dog food
(b) A doughnut
5. What does Jason say Quentin is upstairs doing?
(a) Painting her face
(b) Doing her homework
Short Answer Questions
1. How many notes does Quentin write?
2. What does Quentin try to persuade Caddy not to do?
3. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
4. What does Mrs. Compson do with the checks that Caddy sends?
5. How does Quentin think his sister has behaved?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
2. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
3. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
4. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
5. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
6. Do you think Jason's problems excuse his often misogynist behavior?
7. What do you think is Jason's opinion on women?
8. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
9. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
10. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)