|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Quentin tell Shreve he is carrying?
(a) A hammer
(c) A football
(d) A pair of shoes
2. Who does Quentin recall talking to?
(b) Herbert Head
3. Who does Quentin see in the bakery?
(a) An Italian child
(b) His mother
(d) A stray dog
4. What does Quentin buy at the hardware store?
(b) A hammer
(c) A screw driver
(d) Flat irons
5. What does Quentin think about the smell of honey suckle?
(a) It is the saddest smell of them all.
(b) It makes him sneeze.
(c) It reminds him of the summer.
(d) It the most beatiful small of them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish are the three young boys fishing for?
2. How many notes does Quentin write?
3. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
4. What is the name of Jason's mistress?
5. Whose watch can Quentin hear ticking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
2. In what way does Quentin show his obsession with time?
3. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
4. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
5. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
6. Why do you think this chapter helps in understanding the story and characters better?
7. Why does Jason want to get rid of Benjy?
8. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
9. In what way does Faulkner suggest Caddy could be a homosexual?
10. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)