|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
2. What does Quentin do when the sheriff arrests him for abducting the Italian child?
(c) Hits the sheriff
3. Where does Jason go to check his shares?
(a) The cinema
(b) The local newspaper
(c) The telegram office
(d) The tobacco store
4. What does Quentin refuse to take from Herbert?
(a) A golf ball
(c) A cigar
5. What does Jason say will happen to Dilsey if he lets Caddy see her child again?
(a) She will get beaten.
(b) She will will die.
(c) She will get the sack.
(d) She will become a social outcast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Quentin see in the bakery?
2. Why has Luster not changed Jason's tire?
3. Who tries to attack Quentin?
4. What kind of Jews does Jason resent?
5. What is the opening phrase of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
2. In what way is Jason cruel to his sister Caddy?
3. In what way does Quentin idealize women?
4. Why is it significant that Quentin drowns himself with flat irons?
5. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
6. Why do you think Quentin behaves so badly?
7. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
8. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
9. In way does Jason show himself to be a racist?
10. In what way is Quentin's behavior towards his sister inappropriate?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)