|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jason go to check his shares?
(a) The tobacco store
(b) The local newspaper
(c) The telegram office
(d) The cinema
2. What does Quentin think about the smell of honey suckle?
(a) It reminds him of the summer.
(b) It is the saddest smell of them all.
(c) It the most beatiful small of them all.
(d) It makes him sneeze.
3. Where does Jason see Uncle Maury drinking?
(a) Behind a gravestone
(b) In a cave
(c) In the pantry
(d) In church
4. How much does Caddy offer Jason to see Quentin?
5. What does Quentin say she will do if Jason does not release her?
(a) Kill him
(b) Slap him
(c) Kiss him
(d) Stamp on his foot
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason say Quentin is upstairs doing?
2. How does Quentin describe Gerald's hair?
3. In what year does Quentin commit suicide?
4. What does Quentin buy the child at the bakery?
5. What does Jason tell the telegraph operator to do with his telegraph?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Jason have to deal with at home?
2. In what way is the unlikable Jason a victim of circumstances?
3. What tragedies do you think have have shaped Jason's life?
4. Why does Jason's boss Earl persist with him?
5. In what way does Faulkner suggest Caddy could be a homosexual?
6. How does Quentin react when he is accused of kidnapping the the Italian girl?
7. Why does Quentin tell Caddy her new husband is a cheat?
8. How could the reader see Jason as a strong character?
9. Do think Quentin shares either of his parents characteristics?
10. How is Quentin's narrative similar to Benjy's?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)