|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caroline see her youngest son's affliction?
(a) As God's will
(b) As part of life
(c) As a blessing
(d) As a curse on the family
2. What does Quentin's father sell to send him to Harvard?
(b) His car
(c) The family business
(d) The family house
3. Who does Benjy take letters to?
(c) Mrs. Patterson
(d) Uncle Maury
4. Who does Roskus carry back to the house on his back?
5. What does Caroline wish for the sake of her husband and children?
(a) That she had more money
(b) That she was not bedridden
(c) That she was a stronger children
(d) That she knew how to cook
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luster say to torment Benjy?
2. In what American state does Faulkner set the novel?
3. What has Luster lost at the beginning of the first chapter?
4. How many children do Jason and Caroline Compson have?
5. Who is credited with looking after the children?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)