|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles believe the bee is?
(a) His ancestor.
(b) A walk-in.
(c) A soul catcher.
(d) A bee.
2. What ceremonial clothing does Charles bring for the event to take place in Section 3?
(b) A flute.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. After Charles and David stop to rest, Charles admits to being angry over Native American what?
4. What does David do that makes Charles run after him?
(a) Jumps into the river.
(b) Chases after hikers.
(c) Begins to run down the mountain.
(d) Screams and waves at the helicopter.
5. What does the kidnapper say he is going to do with his victim in the note he left?
(a) Sacrifice him.
(b) Blind him.
(c) Ransom him.
(d) Release him.
6. What does the white liquid Charles brings back do to David?
(a) Makes him hallucinate.
(b) Nearly makes him vomit.
(c) Quenches his thirst.
(d) Satisfies his hunger.
7. What does Charles begin to eat after telling David that they will be protected?
(b) Raw fish.
8. What is the alias of the kidnapper?
9. What do David and Charles eat after David counts the rocks?
10. In Section 4, what does Charles tell David that mistakes will cause?
(a) Regret and self-loathing.
(b) David to be buried alive.
(c) A lifetime of misery.
(d) Instantaneous death.
11. Why does Charles choose to hide after he gives David some water?
(a) David cannot walk any farther.
(b) To avoid potential helicopter searches.
(c) Charles is exhausted.
(d) Charles is afraid of his visions.
12. How long has it been since David and Charles have eaten in Section 5?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Thirty-six hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
13. What are David and Charles surprised by in Section 4?
(a) A flock of ravens.
(b) A large crack in the earth.
(c) A frightened fox.
(d) A bobcat.
14. What does Charles do when he finally gets cold?
(a) He takes David's clothes.
(b) He covers himself in leaves.
(c) He steals the dead hiker's clothes.
(d) He starts a fire.
15. In Section 6, how many rocks does David have in his pocket?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do to mark the passing days?
2. At the end of Section 6, what do David and Charles hear that makes Charles drag David behind a log?
3. Where does Charles choose to rest in Section 4?
4. What does Charles scold David for not eating?
5. What does David's mother recall doing with him the morning he leaves for camp?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)