|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charles choose to hide after he gives David some water?
(a) David cannot walk any farther.
(b) Charles is exhausted.
(c) Charles is afraid of his visions.
(d) To avoid potential helicopter searches.
2. What ceremonial clothing does Charles bring for the event to take place in Section 3?
(b) All answers are correct.
(d) A flute.
3. What is the name of the FBI agent?
4. What does David do that Charles says won't work in Section 5?
(a) Leaves a trail of pebbles.
(b) Waves a handkerchief.
(c) Walks more slowly in open spaces.
(d) Walks heavily to leave footprints.
5. What does the white liquid Charles brings back do to David?
(a) Nearly makes him vomit.
(b) Satisfies his hunger.
(c) Quenches his thirst.
(d) Makes him hallucinate.
6. What happened to Charles when he was climbing in the forest?
(a) A snake slithered over his boot.
(b) A dove landed on his shoulder.
(c) A wolf ran in front of him.
(d) A bee landed on his hand.
7. What heritage is the alleged kidnapper?
(d) Native American.
8. After Charles congratulates David, of what animal does Charles begin to speak?
(a) A stranded fish.
(b) A running bear.
(c) A giant raven.
(d) A blind rabbit.
9. What is Charles doing in Section 6 that makes David think he is crazy?
(a) Chants continuously.
(b) Talks to unheard voices.
(c) Argues with himself.
(d) Prays to animals.
10. What does Charles say will protect him and David?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A bear.
(c) A raven.
(d) A fox.
11. David is in awe of Charles's ability to walk through the woods. What does he think of him as?
(a) The Running Bear.
(b) The Slithering Snake.
(c) The Ultimate Woodsman.
(d) The Slyest Fox.
12. Why does Charles decide to return to the university?
(a) To find a new girlfriend.
(b) To get his doctorate in anthropology.
(c) To speak with his old professor.
(d) To get his finance degree.
13. How does the maid make David feel in Section 1?
14. What does David compare Charles to as they walk through the woods when David is first kidnapped?
(d) His father.
15. What do David and Charles eat after David counts the rocks?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 4, what does David hear when he awakens?
2. Why does Charles congratulate David in Section 4?
3. What does Charles eat while in the mountains after his sister's death?
4. What does Charles feel is a burden that will make it harder to sacrifice his victim?
5. What does Charles write in as he and David continue through the forest?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)