|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the voice tell Charles to do as he leaves the woods in Section 2?
(a) Return to the university.
(b) Find peace.
(c) Kill an innocent.
(d) Change his name.
2. Who is the father of the boy who has been kidnapped?
(a) Charles Hobuhet.
(b) Tilman Barth.
(c) Howard Marshall.
(d) Norman Hosbig.
3. What is the name of the man who strikes up a conversation with Charles in Section 5?
4. When David and Charles reach the top of the ridge, what do they see?
(a) Pitch blackness.
(b) The lights of the city.
(c) An albino snake.
(d) A shooting star.
5. What is Hobuhet's occupation?
(b) College student.
6. What do Charles and David follow through the woods?
(a) A bear path.
(b) A hiking path.
(c) An ancient Native American trail.
(d) A Boy Scout trail.
7. Who does Charles talk to while he is on his journey in Section 2?
(a) The trees.
(b) The ghosts of the woods.
(d) His ancestors.
8. What happened to Charles when he was climbing in the forest?
(a) A wolf ran in front of him.
(b) A dove landed on his shoulder.
(c) A snake slithered over his boot.
(d) A bee landed on his hand.
9. What is the meaning of the alias the kidnapper has chosen?
10. What does Charles eat while in the mountains after his sister's death?
(a) A special paste made from berries and bark.
(d) Small animals.
11. What does David's mother recall doing with him the morning he leaves for camp?
12. What does Charles do to cleanse his body?
(a) Eats only raw vegetables.
(b) Drinks only purified water.
(c) Ancient rituals.
13. Why does Charles feel he needs to take a new name?
(a) To change his boring name.
(b) To be cooler in school.
(c) To express his individuality.
(d) To preserve his Native American soul.
14. What does Charles do when he finally gets cold?
(a) He takes David's clothes.
(b) He steals the dead hiker's clothes.
(c) He starts a fire.
(d) He covers himself in leaves.
15. What is the name of the alleged kidnapper?
(a) Tilman Barth.
(b) Howard Marshall.
(c) Norman Hosbig.
(d) Charles Hobuhet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do that Charles says won't work in Section 5?
2. What does David do that makes Charles run after him?
3. Who is Dr. Tilman Barth?
4. What do David and Charles eat after David counts the rocks?
5. Charles feels he will become capable of doing a terrible and deadly thing if what occurs?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)