|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David compare Charles to as they walk through the woods when David is first kidnapped?
(c) His father.
2. What does the kidnapper say he is going to do with his victim in the note he left?
(a) Ransom him.
(b) Blind him.
(c) Release him.
(d) Sacrifice him.
3. To whom does Charles dedicate his sacrifice?
(a) His sister.
(b) The great wandering bear.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) The innocents.
4. What does David do that makes Charles run after him?
(a) Screams and waves at the helicopter.
(b) Jumps into the river.
(c) Begins to run down the mountain.
(d) Chases after hikers.
5. What does Charles feel is a burden that will make it harder to sacrifice his victim?
(a) Love for his victim.
(b) Appreciation for his victim.
(c) Pity for his victim.
(d) Understanding for his victim.
6. Charles prays to be worthy of what title?
(a) Running Bear.
(b) Soul Catcher.
7. Who is Dr. Tilman Barth?
(a) A veterinarian.
(b) An anthropologist.
(c) A psychologist.
(d) A physician.
8. In Section 4, what does David hear when he awakens?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) The river.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A wolf.
9. What does Charles say will protect him and David?
(a) A fox.
(b) A raven.
(c) A bear.
(d) A squirrel.
10. Charles feels he will become capable of doing a terrible and deadly thing if what occurs?
(a) He must transform.
(b) He must complete the ritual.
(c) He must become one with nature.
(d) The bee must sting him.
11. After Charles and David stop to rest, Charles admits to being angry over Native American what?
12. What kinds of workers are employed by Howard Marshall's company?
(a) Itinerant Mexican.
(c) Native American.
13. What does David's mother recall doing with him the morning he leaves for camp?
14. What does Charles do when he finally gets cold?
(a) He starts a fire.
(b) He steals the dead hiker's clothes.
(c) He takes David's clothes.
(d) He covers himself in leaves.
15. What does the voice tell Charles to do as he leaves the woods in Section 2?
(a) Find peace.
(b) Kill an innocent.
(c) Return to the university.
(d) Change his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who strikes up a conversation with Charles in Section 5?
2. What does Charles tell David to get David to go with him?
3. David is in awe of Charles's ability to walk through the woods. What does he think of him as?
4. What is kidnapper's reason for taking his victim?
5. What country is the Marshall's maid from?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)