|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 4, what does David hear when he awakens?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) A wolf.
(c) The river.
(d) A helicopter.
2. What does the kidnapper say he is going to do with his victim in the note he left?
(a) Blind him.
(b) Ransom him.
(c) Release him.
(d) Sacrifice him.
3. What is the name of the alleged kidnapper?
(a) Tilman Barth.
(b) Howard Marshall.
(c) Charles Hobuhet.
(d) Norman Hosbig.
4. In Section 4, what does Charles tell David that mistakes will cause?
(a) Regret and self-loathing.
(b) Instantaneous death.
(c) A lifetime of misery.
(d) David to be buried alive.
5. What does the voice tell Charles to do as he leaves the woods in Section 2?
(a) Kill an innocent.
(b) Find peace.
(c) Change his name.
(d) Return to the university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles tell David to get David to go with him?
2. What does David do that Charles says won't work in Section 5?
3. What is the reason given in the note for David's kidnapping?
4. How long has it been since David and Charles have eaten in Section 5?
5. Why did David's father leave the same morning that David went to camp?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)