|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katsuk do when David tells the woman his name?
(a) He beats the woman.
(b) He denies David food and water.
(c) He ties David to a tree.
(d) He beats David.
2. In Section 4, what does Charles tell David that mistakes will cause?
(a) Instantaneous death.
(b) Regret and self-loathing.
(c) A lifetime of misery.
(d) David to be buried alive.
3. What does Charles feel is a burden that will make it harder to sacrifice his victim?
(a) Pity for his victim.
(b) Understanding for his victim.
(c) Love for his victim.
(d) Appreciation for his victim.
4. What do Katsuk and David come upon in the forest in Section 7?
(a) Black bears.
(b) A gathering of huts.
5. How does Katsuk kill the fish in Section 10?
(a) He spears it with his knife.
(b) He bites its throat.
(c) He roasts it alive.
(d) He breaks its neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charles's aunt says that Charles is on a journey to be with whom?
2. In his college paper, what did Katsuk accuse the white men of doing?
3. How many pebbles has David collected in Section 10?
4. How does David feel when he awakens after he and Charles first stop to rest?
5. What is the white name of the woman David and Katsuk meet in the forest?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)