|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleaver talk about a need for in society in this chapter?
(c) Love and peace
(d) The military and the police
2. What word does Cleaver use in this chapter to refer to all black men?
3. What city is Watts in?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) New York
(d) San Francisco
4. Who does Cleaver say Negroes made fun of?
(a) Asian shopkeepers
(c) White dancers
(d) White musicians
5. What does Cleaver call black women at the end of the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other traditional black dance does Cleaver say the whites took up in the Sixties?
2. Who does Cleaver address in this chapter?
3. What does Cleaver say Malcom X did not believe in?
4. What Communist nation does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
5. What kind of men do black women respect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't the younger men like the elderly black prisoner in Chapter 13?
2. What does Cleaver write about their relationship in his second letter to Axelrod?
3. Why does Cleaver think black men need to see themselves as strong?
4. Summarize the elderly man's monologue in Chapter 13.
5. How does Cleaver think humankind began?
6. What happened to the elderly man's childhood friend?
7. Why does Cleaver call his fellow prisoners eunuchs?
8. What does Axelrod say in her reply to Cleaver's first letter?
9. How have Axelrod and Cleaver's time in prison changed his attitude to women?
10. Why does Cleaver think things like the twist have become so influential?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)