|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the man's arguments with his girlfriend end?
(b) Shaking hands
2. What does Cleaver talk about a need for in society in this chapter?
(a) Love and peace
(b) The military and the police
3. What problem does Cleaver say the blacks have?
(c) White people
4. What does Cleaver say Communist governments use police for?
(a) To kill people
(b) To stop people leaving the country
(c) To spy on people
(d) To defend property
5. What kind of women does Cleaver claim that black men idolize?
(a) White middle class women
(b) Black women
(c) White upper class women
(d) Black upper class women
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleaver say he heard scream out?
2. Who does Cleaver say Negroes made fun of?
3. What war does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
4. What does Cleaver say he shares with Beverly?
5. What does Cleaver say lower class people think they have been robbed of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't the younger men like the elderly black prisoner in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Cleaver think the Negro is proving a success in the Sixties?
3. Summarize the elderly man's monologue in Chapter 13.
4. What reason does Cleaver give for the riot in Watts?
5. Why does Cleaver think things like the twist have become so influential?
6. What is Cleaver's opinion of black men in this final chapter?
7. Why does Cleaver think black men need to see themselves as strong?
8. What does Cleaver write about their relationship in his second letter to Axelrod?
9. What does Axelrod say in her reply to Cleaver's first letter?
10. How have Axelrod and Cleaver's time in prison changed his attitude to women?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)