|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleaver say is the only guarantee for black security?
(a) To have a black president
(b) To move back to Africa
(c) To peacefully demonstrate
(d) To join minorities from around the world
2. Who does Cleaver address in this chapter?
(b) All white women
(c) All black women
(d) The world
3. What does Cleaver cite as black America's weakness?
(b) Love of the weed
(c) Their general lack of education
(d) Their lack of money
4. What did Cleaver feel when he called Axelrod a bitch?
5. What minority does the old man say has more power then the black man?
(a) Black women
(b) The Jewish
(c) The Vietnamese
(d) The Hispanics
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the upper class foregone physical strength for?
2. What does Cleaver say men had the impulse to use?
3. What is the title of this chapter?
4. What does Cleaver say the American public sees South Vietnam as?
5. Where does Cleaver say humans climbed out from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cleaver define the new left and the new right?
2. What is Cleaver's opinion on the structure of society?
3. Why does Cleaver think that black men often despise their own women?
4. Why does Cleaver think that white women seek out men socially beneath them?
5. What does Cleaver think is the only way to guarantee black security?
6. What does Cleaver say in his first letter to Beverly Axelrod?
7. What does Cleaver think threatens the Negro revolution?
8. Why does Cleaver think it is a mistake to attack the police?
9. How does Cleaver think humankind began?
10. What events does Cleaver attribute to bridging the racial gap?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)