|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Watts in?
(a) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
(d) New York
2. What does Cleaver say is the only guarantee for black security?
(a) To move back to Africa
(b) To peacefully demonstrate
(c) To have a black president
(d) To join minorities from around the world
3. What does Cleaver say lower class people think they have been robbed of?
(a) Their minds
(b) Their freedom
(c) Their power
(d) Their money
4. What does Cleaver say Malcolm X wanted?
(a) Human rights
(b) Civil rights
5. What does Cleaver say America has 20 million of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleaver say Kennedy's assassination created?
2. Whose teachings does Cleaver say he carefully studied before supporting him?
3. What does Cleaver say sparked a contact between whites and blacks?
4. What does Cleaver say he used to call women?
5. What does Cleaver say is the only thing women find in bed with an upper class man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cleaver think that white women seek out men socially beneath them?
2. Why don't the younger men like the elderly black prisoner in Chapter 13?
3. Summarize the final chapter.
4. How does Cleaver think the American government is deceiving the public about the Vietnam War?
5. Why does Cleaver think President Johnson opposes sit-ins and teach-ins?
6. Summarize the elderly man's monologue in Chapter 13.
7. What does Cleaver think Americans think of themselves collectively?
8. What is Cleaver's opinion of black men in this final chapter?
9. What does Cleaver say in his first letter to Beverly Axelrod?
10. What does Cleaver think threatens the Negro revolution?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)