|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which singer does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
(a) Elvis Presley
(b) Little Richard
(c) James Brown
(d) Paul Robeson
2. What is the third vignette entitled?
(d) Soul Food
3. What is the only day that Cleaver does not work?
4. What did the guard say Cleaver could have up on his cell wall?
(a) A picture of Jesus
(b) A picture of a black women
(c) A Van Gogh painting
(d) A picture of his mother
5. What does Cleaver say the whites used to think of themselves as?
(a) The civilized race
(b) The intelligent race
(c) The beautiful race
(d) The master race
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cleaver's lawyer give him that resulted in Cleaver spending time in solitary confinement?
2. What does Claever talk about in connection with sex?
3. Why does Cleaver wake up earlier than the other inmates?
4. Which Norman Mailer book does Cleaver mention in this chapter?
5. In what city did Cleaver meet a woman in the Eyes vignette?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cleaver's opinion on relationships?
2. Why does Cleaver think the whites favored Floyd Patterson over Mohammed Ali?
3. Why did Cleaver lose respect for James Baldwin?
4. Describe Cleaver's encounter with a woman on Main Street.
5. Describe Cleaver's morning routine while in prison.
6. What is Yacub's history?
7. What problem does the Muslim have with Cleaver's eyes in Chapter 3?
8. Summarize the first vignette in this chapter.
9. What are the prisoners' views on lawyers?
10. How does prison change Cleaver?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)