|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleaver sometimes do instead of his exercises?
(a) Steal food
(d) Phone his mother
2. What does Cleaver say took on new meaning when the whites joined in?
(a) Black culture
(b) The beatnik culture
(c) The black revolution
(d) Popular music
3. What does Cleaver say the encounter with his lawyer has done to him?
(a) Made him believe
(b) Turned his life around
(c) Renewed him
(d) Driven him crazy
4. What did Cleaver want the prison system to provide?
(a) A library
(c) A gym
(d) Nutritous food
5. What does Cleaver say he has stopped referring to the white man as?
(a) Jesus' sin
(b) The oppressor
(c) The devil
(d) The beast
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Cleaver decide to use to refer to the white man?
2. What do the inmates have three times a week?
3. Where does Cleaver work?
4. What does Claever talk about in connection with sex?
5. What does Cleaver call the bath he takes in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cleaver say about the relationship between James Baldwin and Richard Wright?
2. How did Cleaver react to Malcolm X's death?
3. Why was Ali seen as such a threat to American society?
4. What is Yacub's history?
5. Summarize the first vignette in this chapter.
6. Why does Cleaver think the whites favored Floyd Patterson over Mohammed Ali?
7. What happened to Paul Robeson when he spoke out for black rights?
8. What is the relationship between whites and blacks in the prison?
9. Describe Cleaver's afternoon routine.
10. How did Elijah Muhammed supporters react to Malcolm X's death?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)