|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Cleaver's block?
2. What is the name of the first vignette in this chapter?
3. To what does Cleaver liken being associated to Watts?
(a) A country bumpkin
(b) Being in a bad marriage
(c) Falling in love
4. What does Cleaver vow the black will have?
(a) His own country
(b) His freedom
(c) His peace
(d) His manhood
5. What does Cleaver say the blacks view Patterson as?
(a) A white man
(b) An Uncle Tom
(c) An Uncle Sam
(d) A black leader
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleaver do at 7.30 am?
2. What does Cleaver say is the first step in white rebellion?
3. Where does Cleaver work?
4. What does Cleaver say he has access to on the honor block?
5. What Biblical figure does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between whites and blacks in the prison?
2. What are the prisoners' views on lawyers?
3. How does prison change Cleaver?
4. Why does the prison guard tear down Cleaver's pin up poster?
5. What happened to Paul Robeson when he spoke out for black rights?
6. What is punk hunting?
7. Why does Cleaver think Malcolm was such a magnetic personality?
8. Why does Cleaver think the whites favored Floyd Patterson over Mohammed Ali?
9. Why does Cleaver think white youth is undergoing a dramatic change?
10. Summarize the first vignette in this chapter.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)