|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the prison authoriites try to eliminate?
(a) The Muslim movement
(c) Black prisoners
(d) Writing letters
2. Who does Cleaver say had a leer and a hint of a smile after Malcolm X's death?
(a) The white prisoners
(b) The prison guards
(c) Elijah Muhammed supporters
(d) Beverly Axelrod
3. What did the blacks loyal to Elijah Muhammed think they could reunite after Malcolm's death?
(a) The black community
(b) The world
(c) The whole of America
(d) The Muslim community
4. Which two boxers does Cleaver talk about in this section?
(a) Sonny Liston and Muhammed Ali
(b) Floyd Patterson and Muhammed Ali
(c) Joe Louis and Sonny Liston
(d) George Foreman and Floyd Patterson
5. What did the woman in the Eyes story sing at him?
(a) Golly Miss Molly
(b) The Twist
(c) The national anthem
(d) Beautiful, beautiful brown eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the woman sitting in the Eyes story?
2. What does Cleaver think people desire when they watch sports?
3. What writer does Cleaver say he was a huge fan of?
4. What does Cleaver think draws Axelrod to him?
5. In which of the following areas does Cleaver say black men are accepted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cleaver think the whites favored Floyd Patterson over Mohammed Ali?
2. How has Malcolm X changed Cleaver's view of racial difficulties?
3. What are the prisoners' views on lawyers?
4. Summarize the first vignette in this chapter.
5. Why did Cleaver lose respect for James Baldwin?
6. Summarize the chapter.
7. What happened to Paul Robeson when he spoke out for black rights?
8. Describe Cleaver's morning routine while in prison.
9. Why is Cleaver in love with his lawyer?
10. Describe Cleaver's encounter with a woman on Main Street.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)