|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleaver say he embraced?
2. Who does Cleaver write letters to in this chapter?
(a) Lauren Hill
(b) President Kennedy
(c) Beverly Axelrod
(d) Malcolm X
3. What does Cleaver say he used to call women?
4. What does Cleaver say he shares with Beverly?
(a) The same opinion
(b) A deep soul
(c) Two children
(d) The ultimate love
5. What does Cleaver think is the blacks' strengths?
(a) Their physical prowess
(b) Their anger
(c) Their numbers
(d) Their sense of loyalty
6. What does Cleaver say Kennedy's assassination created?
(a) A larger than life hero
(b) The Summer of Love
(d) An angry public
7. What war does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
(a) The Vietnam War
(b) World War II
(c) The Korean War
(d) The American Civil War
8. What does Cleaver say sparked a contact between whites and blacks?
(a) President Kennedy's death
(b) Rosa Park's resistance
(c) Changing music
(d) The Twist
9. Which of the following does Cleaver not attribute to helping to bridge the racial gap?
(a) The introduction of the twist
(b) Changing music
(c) John F. Kennedy's election to president
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.'s dream speech
10. What kind of women does Cleaver claim that black men idolize?
(a) Black women
(b) White upper class women
(c) White middle class women
(d) Black upper class women
11. Which of the following does Cleaver say people will be able to live without in a utopia?
12. Who does Cleaver say he heard scream out?
(a) His mother
(b) His children
(c) His woman
(d) His dog
13. What does Cleaver say is the only thing women find in bed with an upper class man?
(b) Mental satisfaction
(c) Physical exhaustion
(d) Sexual satisfaction
14. What kind of war does Cleaver say the Vietnam War is?
(a) A civil war
(b) A world war
(c) A strategic war
(d) A cold war
15. What kind of men do black women respect?
(a) Men who have money
(b) Men who stay at home
(c) Men of action
(d) Men of the mind
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleaver say Axelrod revived?
2. Where does Cleaver say humans climbed out from?
3. What does Cleaver say the noble men of the past used to be like?
4. What word does Cleaver use in this chapter to refer to all black men?
5. What does the black man say the white man wants the black man to be?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)