|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleaver call those with delegated power below the Godhead?
(a) Power angels
(b) Primeval spirits
(d) Omnipotent administrators
2. What does the man say the relationship with his girlfriend became like after the knife incident?
3. What does Cleaver call male and female's need to reunite?
(a) Prehistoric faith
(b) Primeval urge
(c) Primeval lust
(d) Prehistoric nature
4. Which of the following does Cleaver say people will be able to live without in a utopia?
5. What have the two sexes always sought to do after splitting up?
(a) Run away from each other
6. What does Cleaver say is the American tendency?
(a) To run to anyone
(b) To oppress minorities
(c) To earn money in every situation
(d) To be a winner
7. What does Cleaver compare the Negro Revolution to?
(a) The Vietnam War
(b) World War II
(c) American Independence
(d) The American Civil War
8. What does Axelrod say Cleaver's flirtation may be based on?
(a) His desire to communicate
(c) His blackness
(d) Lack of female contact
9. What does Cleaver say is happening in Vietnam that is encouraging people to be more approving of blacks?
(a) Deaths of black soldiers
10. What does Cleaver say some people think the world will eventually become?
(a) A utopia
(c) A barren planet
(d) A dystopia
11. What word does Cleaver use in this chapter to refer to all black men?
12. What does Cleaver say the new left and the new right are the result of?
(a) The Vietnam War
(b) The sixties youth
(c) World War II
(d) The Negro Revolution
13. What is "Put a black finger on the nuclear trigger" a slogan for?
(a) The Negro revolution
(b) A presidential campaign
(c) A bar
(d) The Vietnam War
14. Who does Cleaver dedicate his book to?
(a) His mother
(b) Malcolm X
(c) President Kennedy
15. What kind of women does Cleaver claim that black men idolize?
(a) White upper class women
(b) White middle class women
(c) Black women
(d) Black upper class women
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cleaver say he heard scream out?
2. Where does Cleaver say humans climbed out from?
3. What does Cleaver call the leader of a society?
4. What does the man say black men are not allowed access to?
5. Which of the following does Cleaver not attribute to helping to bridge the racial gap?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)