|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the blacks direct their anger towards?
(a) The military
(b) The police
(c) The government
(d) The hippies
2. What minority does the old man say has more power then the black man?
(a) The Jewish
(b) Black women
(c) The Vietnamese
(d) The Hispanics
3. Who does Cleaver address in this chapter?
(a) The world
(b) All white women
(c) All black women
4. What does Cleaver say Axelrod revived?
(a) A sense of self
(b) A sense of proportion
(d) Sexual desire
5. What does Cleaver talk about a need for in society in this chapter?
(c) Love and peace
(d) The military and the police
6. What does Cleaver tell Axelrod he thinks he deserves?
(d) Their relationship
7. Why can't the government promote the Vietnam War as a civil war?
(a) Blacks would not fight
(b) They would not receive financial aid
(c) It is not a civil war
(d) Americans would not support it
8. Who does Cleaver say is here to stay?
(a) White teenagers
(b) The black women
(c) The black man
9. What does Cleaver think is the blacks' strengths?
(a) Their sense of loyalty
(b) Their anger
(c) Their numbers
(d) Their physical prowess
10. What does Cleaver call those with delegated power below the Godhead?
(a) Primeval spirits
(b) Power angels
(d) Omnipotent administrators
11. What does Cleaver think Lyndon Johnson fears?
(a) The elder generation
(c) The black revolution
(d) The truth
12. What does Cleaver say the noble men of the past used to be like?
(a) Mentally strong
(b) Physically strong
(c) Weak and effeminate
(d) Cold and violent
13. What have the upper class foregone physical strength for?
(b) Mental strength
(d) Position in society
14. Who does Cleaver say Negroes made fun of?
(a) White dancers
(b) White musicians
(d) Asian shopkeepers
15. What does Cleaver say sparked a contact between whites and blacks?
(a) Rosa Park's resistance
(b) The Twist
(c) Changing music
(d) President Kennedy's death
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleaver say lower class people think they have been robbed of?
2. What does Cleaver cite as black America's weakness?
3. What race was 16 percent of the people sent to Vietnam?
4. What is the title of this chapter?
5. What does Cleaver say a black man was willing to do for his white master?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)