|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cleaver think people find him lacking?
(a) He is alone
(b) He is constantly arguing
(c) He does not feel sorry for his actions
(d) He is unable to back up his ideas
2. What does Cleaver say Kennedy's assassination created?
(b) An angry public
(c) A larger than life hero
(d) The Summer of Love
3. What does the man say he said to the traffic cop many times?
(a) Pardon me
(b) Yes, sir
(d) I am nothing
4. What does Cleaver call male and female's need to reunite?
(a) Primeval lust
(b) Prehistoric faith
(c) Prehistoric nature
(d) Primeval urge
5. What does Cleaver say lower class people think they have been robbed of?
(a) Their money
(b) Their power
(c) Their freedom
(d) Their minds
6. Why does Cleaver think the government is starting to hand African Americans equal rights?
(a) For economic reasons
(b) To create a good image
(c) To pacify the public
(d) To send a powerful message to USSR
7. What does the man say he gave his girlfriend?
(a) A guitar
(b) A gun
(c) A pocket knife
(d) A rose
8. What does Cleaver say Communist governments use police for?
(a) To kill people
(b) To defend property
(c) To stop people leaving the country
(d) To spy on people
9. What does Cleaver say Malcolm X wanted?
(c) Human rights
(d) Civil rights
10. What does Cleaver tell Axelrod he thinks he deserves?
(c) Their relationship
11. Who do the blacks direct their anger towards?
(a) The hippies
(b) The military
(c) The police
(d) The government
12. What does the black man say the white man wants the black man to be?
(a) A dollar sign
(c) Educated and happy
(d) A strong, menial slave
13. How did the man's friend kill himself?
(a) Shooting himself
(b) Jumping from a bridge
(c) Put his head in a gas oven
(d) Bashing his head against the wall
14. Which of the following does Cleaver not attribute to helping to bridge the racial gap?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.'s dream speech
(b) John F. Kennedy's election to president
(c) Changing music
(d) The introduction of the twist
15. What does Cleaver say the noble men of the past used to be like?
(a) Weak and effeminate
(b) Mentally strong
(c) Physically strong
(d) Cold and violent
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleaver say is the only thing women find in bed with an upper class man?
2. What did humans split into when they climbed from the primordial ooze?
3. What does Cleaver think black men are brought up not to show?
4. What does Cleaver say the new left and the new right are the result of?
5. What does Cleaver think was not a positive move for the Negro revolution?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)