|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Cleaver liken the parting with a woman?
(b) A seizure
(c) A soap opera
2. What does Cleaver talk about the need for in this section?
(a) Spectator sports
3. What does Cleaver say he was infatuated with?
(b) White women
4. What did the guard say Cleaver could have up on his cell wall?
(a) A picture of his mother
(b) A Van Gogh painting
(c) A picture of Jesus
(d) A picture of a black women
5. To what does Cleaver liken being associated to Watts?
(b) A country bumpkin
(c) Falling in love
(d) Being in a bad marriage
6. What was Cleaver overriding desire when he heard about Malcolm X's death?
7. Where did Eldridge Cleaver serve his prison sentence?
8. What does Cleaver say made him aware of his social status?
(b) The Nation of Islam
(c) Mass demonstrations
(d) Kennedy's assasination
9. Who does Cleaver say he is in love with?
(a) His ex-wife
(b) A prison guard
(c) His attorney
(d) His brother's wife
10. What did Cleaver pin up on the wall of his cell?
(a) A photograph of his mother
(b) A pin-up girl
(c) A Muslim calender
(d) A picture of Jesus
11. What does Cleaver say he has stopped referring to the white man as?
(a) The devil
(b) Jesus' sin
(c) The beast
(d) The oppressor
12. What is the name of Cleaver's lawyer?
(a) Lauren Aluminion
(b) Beverly Axelrod
(c) Bessie Ramrod
(d) Denise Battleaxe
13. Why does Cleaver wake up earlier than the other inmates?
(a) To play squash
(b) To steal food
(c) To meditate
(d) To do his exercises
14. Where does Cleaver work?
(b) The cafe
(c) The bakery
(d) The wood workshop
15. What does Cleaver think people desire when they watch sports?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleaver say the white prisoners were anxious for following Malcolm X's assassination?
2. What did the woman in the Eyes story sing at him?
3. What does Cleaver vow the black will have?
4. What does Cleaver say Elijah preached?
5. What city is Beverly from?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)