|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eldridge Cleaver serve his prison sentence?
2. What did the U.S Supreme Court outlaw in 1954?
(c) Gay marriage
3. What does Cleaver say he has always been aware of?
(a) The color of his skin
(b) His dark side
(d) His attraction to women
4. What Biblical figure does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
5. Which of the following is an example of soul food?
(a) Baked duck
(b) Steak and fries
6. What does Cleaver do at 3.20pm?
(a) Does his exercises
(b) Returns to his cell
(c) Watches television
(d) Plays cards
7. Which singer does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
(a) Little Richard
(b) Paul Robeson
(c) Elvis Presley
(d) James Brown
8. Which of the following does Cleaver not say black leaders are faced with?
(b) Negative publicity
(d) Blood lust
9. What does Cleaver call the bath he takes in the morning?
(a) A bitter bath
(b) A Roman bath
(c) A bird bath
(d) A mud bath
10. What white man's pastime does Cleaver say that Scott indulged in?
(b) Tea in the afternoon
11. Why does Cleaver say that younger whites lost respect for cowboys?
(a) They were rude
(b) They spoke poor English
(c) They used guns
(d) They slaughtered Indians
12. What does Cleaver say he washed his hands in?
(a) The Watts riots
(b) The blood of Malcolm X
(c) The blood of President Kennedy
(d) Holy water
13. What did the woman in the Eyes story sing at him?
(a) Beautiful, beautiful brown eyes
(b) Golly Miss Molly
(c) The Twist
(d) The national anthem
14. Where does Cleaver work?
(a) The wood workshop
(c) The cafe
(d) The bakery
15. Which freedom rider does Cleaver mention in this chapter?
(a) Rufus Scott
(b) Henry Miller
(c) Gordon Brown
(d) Johhny Goodness
Short Answer Questions
1. What do punk hunters search for?
2. What does Cleaver say the white prisoners were anxious for following Malcolm X's assassination?
3. What reason does Cleaver give for being in love with his lawyer?
4. To what does Cleaver liken the parting with a woman?
5. What major crime was Cleaver convicted of?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)