|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which black leader conceived Yacub's History?
(a) Eldridge Cleaver
(b) Malcolm X
(c) Martin Luther King
(d) Elijah Muhammed
2. What did Cleaver do when the women sang at him?
(a) Fell to his knees
(b) Ran away
3. What made people feel pride about being associated with Watts?
(a) The Nation of Islam
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) The riots
(d) Kennedy's presidency
4. Which white writer does Cleaver mention in this chapter?
(a) Norman Mailer
(b) Nelson Algren
(c) Henry Miller
(d) Hubert Selby Jr
5. What is the second Vignette called?
(b) Showing My Teeth
6. Which of the following words does Cleaver decide to use to refer to the white man?
(d) Power monger
7. Where did Eldridge Cleaver serve his prison sentence?
8. What does Cleaver dream of doing with his lawyer in his sleep?
(a) Having sex
(b) Carrying on a conversation
(c) Playing tennis
9. What does Cleaver think draws Axelrod to him?
(a) His unrepentant attitude
(b) His looks
(c) His African roots
(d) His deep thinking
10. What Biblical figure does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
11. What did the woman in the Eyes story sing at him?
(a) The national anthem
(b) Golly Miss Molly
(c) The Twist
(d) Beautiful, beautiful brown eyes
12. What does Cleaver say he is?
(a) A Christian
(b) An ofay watcher
(c) A muslim
(d) An atheist
13. What does Cleaver think people desire when they watch sports?
14. What does Cleaver say took on new meaning when the whites joined in?
(a) The beatnik culture
(b) Popular music
(c) The black revolution
(d) Black culture
15. Why did the guard rip down Cleaver's poster?
(a) It scared the other prisoners
(b) It was a white women
(c) It was anti-religous
(d) The girl was naked
Short Answer Questions
1. Which singer does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
2. Whose assassination does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
3. What does Cleaver say the whites used to think of themselves as?
4. What did the guard say Cleaver could have up on his cell wall?
5. What did the prison authoriites try to eliminate?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)