|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cleaver pin up on the wall of his cell?
(a) A picture of Jesus
(b) A Muslim calender
(c) A photograph of his mother
(d) A pin-up girl
2. Who does Cleaver say he is in love with?
(a) His brother's wife
(b) His ex-wife
(c) His attorney
(d) A prison guard
3. What drug was Cleaver caught in possession of?
4. How did the blacks loyal to Elijah Muhammed see Malcolm's death?
(b) The will of Allah
5. What was Cleaver doing when Malcolm X was killed?
(a) Playing marbles
(d) Watching a movie
6. What did Cleaver do when the women sang at him?
(c) Fell to his knees
(d) Ran away
7. Who does Cleaver say had a leer and a hint of a smile after Malcolm X's death?
(a) Beverly Axelrod
(b) Elijah Muhammed supporters
(c) The white prisoners
(d) The prison guards
8. Which two boxers does Cleaver talk about in this section?
(a) Sonny Liston and Muhammed Ali
(b) George Foreman and Floyd Patterson
(c) Joe Louis and Sonny Liston
(d) Floyd Patterson and Muhammed Ali
9. Which Norman Mailer book does Cleaver mention in this chapter?
(a) The Sound and the Fury
(b) The Fight
(c) The White Negro
(d) Last Man Standing
10. Why does Cleaver think Ali was the first real black champion?
(a) He was born in Africa
(b) He was not controlled by whites
(c) He was a muslim
(d) He was outspoken
11. What is the name of Cleaver's lawyer?
(a) Bessie Ramrod
(b) Denise Battleaxe
(c) Beverly Axelrod
(d) Lauren Aluminion
12. What do the inmates have three times a week?
(a) A beer
(b) A visitor
(c) A free evening
13. Which of the following words does Cleaver decide to use to refer to the white man?
(b) Power monger
14. What does Cleaver blame for the black's resurgence in American life?
(a) Too much money
(c) President Kennedy
(d) The loss of white heroes
15. What was Cleaver overriding desire when he heard about Malcolm X's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleaver say Elijah preached?
2. What made people feel pride about being associated with Watts?
3. What is the only day that Cleaver does not work?
4. What white man's pastime does Cleaver say that Scott indulged in?
5. What does Cleaver say the white prisoners were anxious for following Malcolm X's assassination?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)