|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blood of the Beast, Rallying Round the Flag.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other black writer does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
(a) Bessie Smith
(b) Richard Pryor
(c) Richard Wright
(d) David Barnes
2. Which Norman Mailer book does Cleaver mention in this chapter?
(a) The Fight
(b) Last Man Standing
(c) The White Negro
(d) The Sound and the Fury
3. What city is Beverly from?
(a) Los Angeles
(d) San Francisco
4. What does Cleaver describe in this chapter?
(a) His favorite author
(b) His family
(c) His daily routine
(d) His exercises
5. What does Cleaver say took on new meaning when the whites joined in?
(a) The beatnik culture
(b) The black revolution
(c) Black culture
(d) Popular music
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleaver say America thinks of itself collectively?
2. What is the only day that Cleaver does not work?
3. What does Cleaver say he has stopped referring to the white man as?
4. What does Cleaver call Rufus Scott?
5. To what does Cleaver liken the parting with a woman?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)