|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Blood of the Beast, Rallying Round the Flag.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer does Cleaver say he was a huge fan of?
(a) Hubert Selby Jr
(b) Norman Mailer
(c) Richard Wright
(d) James Baldwin
2. Who does Cleaver say he has renounced?
(a) Malcom X
(b) James Baldwin
(c) Uncle Tom
(d) Elijah Muhammed
3. What does Cleaver blame for the black's resurgence in American life?
(a) President Kennedy
(b) Too much money
(c) The loss of white heroes
4. What is the name of Cleaver's block?
5. Why does Cleaver say that younger whites lost respect for cowboys?
(a) They spoke poor English
(b) They used guns
(c) They were rude
(d) They slaughtered Indians
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cleaver say the American public sees South Vietnam as?
2. What does Cleaver say is the first step in white rebellion?
3. Which of the following words does Cleaver decide to use to refer to the white man?
4. Which president does Cleaver say opposes sit-ins and teach-ins?
5. What other black writer does Cleaver talk about in this chapter?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)