|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prelude to Love - Three Letters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cleaver do at 7.30 am?
(b) Eats breakfast
(c) Writes letters
(d) Goes to work
2. Which freedom rider does Cleaver mention in this chapter?
(a) Gordon Brown
(b) Johhny Goodness
(c) Henry Miller
(d) Rufus Scott
3. What does Cleaver say he shares with Beverly?
(a) Two children
(b) The ultimate love
(c) A deep soul
(d) The same opinion
4. What does Axelrod say Cleaver's flirtation may be based on?
(b) His desire to communicate
(c) His blackness
(d) Lack of female contact
5. Which white writer does Cleaver mention in this chapter?
(a) Norman Mailer
(b) Henry Miller
(c) Hubert Selby Jr
(d) Nelson Algren
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only day that Cleaver does not work?
2. What writer does Cleaver say he was a huge fan of?
3. What white man's pastime does Cleaver say that Scott indulged in?
4. Which of Baldwin's books changed Cleaver's mind about him?
5. What is "Put a black finger on the nuclear trigger" a slogan for?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)