|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson call Duffy after she hangs up?
2. What is Duffy feeling as Mrs. Stevenson gives her name and address?
(b) High interest.
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson say after hearing the telegram her husband sent?
(a) What will I do.
(b) No, no, no.
(c) Oh no.
(d) I am so scared.
4. What does the lunch counter attendant bring Duffy while he is speaking to Mrs. Stevenson?
(a) Blueberry pie.
(b) Blueberry turnovers.
(c) Cherry turnovers.
(d) Apple pie.
5. When Mrs. Stevenson thinks about being alone that evening, what reference to time does she make and say that she cannot be alone any longer than that?
(a) A minute.
(b) A few minutes.
(d) A second.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Stevenson hang up the phone after the man who calls her in Act I, Part 4, hangs up?
2. What does Mrs. Stevenson want Duffy to send to her neighborhood right away?
3. What does Duffy begin to do as Mrs. Stevenson says that she heard the plans of the men distinctly?
4. What does Duffy reach for as he tells Mrs. Stevenson not to worry?
5. What is the prefix for Mrs. Stevenson's phone number?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson say when the phone rings again after she has been speaking with the Third Operator?
2. What does Mrs. Stevenson say and do after the operator tells her that she cannot put through the calls that Mrs. Stevenson missed?
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson say about her daily schedule?
4. What does Mrs. Stevenson tell Duffy about her situation after he takes her name and address?
5. How does Duffy suggest that Mrs. Stevenson view the matter?
6. Who is the telegram from that Mrs. Stevenson receives, and what does it say?
7. How does the call end with the Western Union messenger?
8. How is the scene described where Duffy is sitting?
9. What does Mrs. Stevenson say to the Chief Operator right before she hangs up in Act I, Part 3?
10. Who calls Mrs. Stevenson after she finishes speaking with the Third Operator?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)