|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she thinks about being alone that evening?
(a) Pulls on her wedding band.
(b) Twists her bed jacket in her fingers.
(c) Runs her hands through her hair.
(d) Wrings her hands.
2. What sound does Mrs. Stevenson make when she throw herself back against the pillows?
(a) A moan.
(b) A sob.
(c) A whimper.
(d) Soft cry.
3. What is Mrs. Stevenson's attitude when she tells Duffy that he needs to do more than check the call?
4. What are Mrs. Stevenson's movements like after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening?
5. What does Mrs. Stevenson do after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening right before she makes a call to the operator again?
(a) Beats her knuckles on the bed.
(b) Bites her nails.
(c) Throws a pillow.
(d) Grabs a pill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number does Mrs. Stevenson want the operator to get for her at the end of Act I, Part 4?
2. After listening to the telegram, what does Mrs. Stevenson say after the operator tells her that there is no answer at her husband's office?
3. What type of voice does the man have who calls Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 4?
4. When making a second call after receiving the telegram, how does Mrs. Stevenson lift the receiver?
5. How does Mrs. Stevenson respond at the beginning of Act I, Part 4, when the operator tells her her husband's number is busy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson say about her maid?
2. How does Duffy suggest that Mrs. Stevenson view the matter?
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson tell Duffy about her situation after he takes her name and address?
4. At the beginning of Act I, Part 4, what does Mrs. Stevenson say and do after getting a busy signal on her husband's number again?
5. How does the call end with the Western Union messenger?
6. What does Mrs. Stevenson say when the phone rings again after she has been speaking with the Third Operator?
7. What does Mrs. Stevenson say and do after the operator tells her that she cannot put through the calls that Mrs. Stevenson missed?
8. As Duffy opens his coffee container, what does Mrs. Stevenson tell him that he should do?
9. What does Mrs. Stevenson say to the Chief Operator right before she hangs up in Act I, Part 3?
10. What does Mrs. Stevenson say about her daily schedule?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)