|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Mrs. Stevenson make after she is told her husband's number is busy?
(a) Short cry.
(d) Small scream.
2. How does Mrs. Stevenson hang up the phone after the man who calls her in Act I, Part 4, hangs up?
(c) Slams the receiver.
(d) Bangs the receiver.
3. What is the man wearing who calls Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 4?
(a) Ball cap and t-shirt.
(c) Eye-shade and shirtsleeves.
(d) Sports jacket and slacks.
4. When making a second call after receiving the telegram, how does Mrs. Stevenson lift the receiver?
(a) With shaking hands.
(b) With trembling fingers.
5. How does Mrs. Stevenson rise in her bed after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening?
(c) In panic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duffy do while Mrs. Stevenson talks and explains about the call she overheard?
2. What does Duffy say about Second Avenue?
3. How many murders does Duffy say are committed in the city every day?
4. Where does the man work who calls Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 4?
5. What does Duffy do after Mrs. Stevenson says that the call cannot be traced if the parties are no longer talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Duffy tries to end the call with Mrs. Stevenson, what does she ask him to do?
2. As Duffy opens his coffee container, what does Mrs. Stevenson tell him that he should do?
3. After speaking with Western Union, what sound can be heard outside and what does Mrs. Stevenson do?
4. What does Mrs. Stevenson tell Duffy about her situation after he takes her name and address?
5. How does Duffy suggest that Mrs. Stevenson view the matter?
6. How does Mrs. Stevenson react after hearing the telegram her husband sent?
7. What does the delivery boy tell Duffy he brought him, and why is Duffy frustrated with what the delivery boy brought?
8. What does Mrs. Stevenson to do after trying her husband's office number again at the end of Act I, Part 4?
9. What does Duffy say about murders in the city?
10. Who calls Mrs. Stevenson after she finishes speaking with the Third Operator?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)