|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duffy do when he learns a murder has not yet been committed?
(a) Gets up and paces.
(b) Grips phone tightly.
(c) Motions for another officer to come in the room.
(d) Relaxes, sighs, and takes lunch from bag.
2. What does Mrs. Stevenson say that her husband thinks about her?
(a) He is crazy about her and adores her.
(b) He is deeply in love with her.
(c) He is infatuated with her.
(d) He will do anything for her because he loves her so much.
3. What does Duffy do while Mrs. Stevenson talks and explains about the call she overheard?
(a) Twirls the cord of the phone.
(b) Doodles on a pad of paper.
(c) Pays the attendant.
(d) Does some paperwork.
4. What does Duffy reach for as he tells Mrs. Stevenson not to worry?
(a) Paper sack.
5. What does the man offer to do who calls Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 4?
(a) Deliver the telegram.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Call someone to be with her.
(d) Read the message again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man wearing who calls Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 4?
2. Where does the lunch counter attendant have a fork?
3. What is Duffy feeling as Mrs. Stevenson gives her name and address?
4. When Mrs. Stevenson thinks about being alone that evening, what reference to time does she make and say that she cannot be alone any longer than that?
5. How does Duffy describe the clue that Mrs. Stevenson gave him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the delivery boy tell Duffy he brought him, and why is Duffy frustrated with what the delivery boy brought?
2. At the beginning of Act I, Part 4, what does Mrs. Stevenson say and do after getting a busy signal on her husband's number again?
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson do after ending her call with Duffy?
4. Why does the operator tell Mrs. Stevenson that she cannot put through the missed calls Mrs. Stevenson received?
5. Who calls Mrs. Stevenson after she finishes speaking with the Third Operator?
6. What does Mrs. Stevenson to do after trying her husband's office number again at the end of Act I, Part 4?
7. How does Duffy suggest that Mrs. Stevenson view the matter?
8. What does Duffy tell Mrs. Stevenson when she says that the murder could take place in her neighborhood?
9. As Duffy opens his coffee container, what does Mrs. Stevenson tell him that he should do?
10. What does Duffy say about murders in the city?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)