|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duffy reach for as he tells Mrs. Stevenson not to worry?
(a) Paper sack.
2. What does Duffy do while Mrs. Stevenson talks and explains about the call she overheard?
(a) Does some paperwork.
(b) Twirls the cord of the phone.
(c) Pays the attendant.
(d) Doodles on a pad of paper.
3. Where does the lunch counter attendant have a fork?
(a) In a bowl.
(b) In a bag.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) On a plate.
4. How does the Third Operator tell Mrs. Stevenson that she cannot put through the call that Mrs. Stevenson missed?
5. What is Mrs. Stevenson's attitude when she tells Duffy that he needs to do more than check the call?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson call Duffy after she hangs up?
2. What are Mrs. Stevenson's movements like after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening?
3. After listening to the telegram, what does Mrs. Stevenson say after the operator tells her that there is no answer at her husband's office?
4. How many murders does Duffy say are committed in the city every day?
5. What sound can be heard as Mrs. Stevenson picks up the phone to call again at the end of Act I, Part III?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who calls Mrs. Stevenson after she finishes speaking with the Third Operator?
2. What does Duffy say about murders in the city?
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson say about her maid?
4. How does the call end with the Western Union messenger?
5. What does Mrs. Stevenson do after ending her call with Duffy?
6. After speaking with Western Union, what sound can be heard outside and what does Mrs. Stevenson do?
7. How is the scene described where Duffy is sitting?
8. What does Mrs. Stevenson say when the phone rings again after she has been speaking with the Third Operator?
9. What does Mrs. Stevenson tell Duffy about her situation after he takes her name and address?
10. What does Duffy tell Mrs. Stevenson when she says that the murder could take place in her neighborhood?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)