|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, Part 4, how long does Mrs. Stevenson learn that her husband has tried calling her?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) About an hour and a half.
(c) An hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. How does the Third Operator tell Mrs. Stevenson that she cannot put through the call that Mrs. Stevenson missed?
3. What does Duffy reach for as he tells Mrs. Stevenson not to worry?
(d) Paper sack.
4. How does Mrs. Stevenson respond at the beginning of Act I, Part 4, when the operator tells her her husband's number is busy?
5. What is the prefix for Mrs. Stevenson's phone number?
(c) Murray Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Duffy say there might be another house on a Second Avenue near a bridge?
2. How does Mrs. Stevenson rise in her bed after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening?
3. What does Duffy do after Mrs. Stevenson hangs up?
4. What does Duffy say about Second Avenue?
5. What bridge is Mrs. Stevenson's house near?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Act I, Part 4, what does Mrs. Stevenson say and do after getting a busy signal on her husband's number again?
2. What does the delivery boy tell Duffy he brought him, and why is Duffy frustrated with what the delivery boy brought?
3. What does Duffy say about murders in the city?
4. As Duffy tries to end the call with Mrs. Stevenson, what does she ask him to do?
5. As Duffy opens his coffee container, what does Mrs. Stevenson tell him that he should do?
6. What does Duffy tell Mrs. Stevenson when she says that the murder could take place in her neighborhood?
7. Who calls Mrs. Stevenson after she finishes speaking with the Third Operator?
8. What does Mrs. Stevenson say and do after the operator tells her that she cannot put through the calls that Mrs. Stevenson missed?
9. How is the scene described where Duffy is sitting?
10. What does Mrs. Stevenson say about her daily schedule?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)