|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the heavy-set man speaking on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
(a) At a desk.
(b) In his living room.
(c) In a kitchen.
(d) Standing against a wall.
2. What is the house number where Mrs. Stevenson lives?
3. Where does the private patrolman go when the leaves the neighborhood in Act I, Part 1?
4. How does Mrs. Stevenson act when she is asked to give the Chief Operator her phone number in Act I, Part 2?
5. What does the 1st Man tell George about what light's will be on when George goes to the place where the 1st Man is sending him in Act I, Part 1?
(a) There will only be light from a fireplace.
(b) Only a kitchen light will be on.
(c) Only one light will be visible from the street.
(d) A light overlooking the backyard will be on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number is Mrs. Stevenson dialing as the play begins?
2. Where does Mrs. Stevenson tell the operator in Act I, Part 1, that a woman is going to be murdered?
3. What type of furnishings are in Mrs. Stevenson's bedroom?
4. In Act I, Part 2, what ailment does Sergeant Duffy say that he has?
5. What tone does Mrs. Stevenson use when the operator quickly says she will try to dial the number for her in Act I, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the operator get the attention of the Chief Operator?
2. How is George described?
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson say as the operator tries the number in Act I, Part 1?
4. What is Mrs. Stevenson doing as the curtain rises in Act I, Part 1?
5. How does Mrs. Stevenson react when the operator says she will dial Murray Hill 4-0098?
6. What time is George to go to the house and kill the woman and why at that time?
7. Why is George to wait until 11:15 to kill the woman?
8. How does Mrs. Stevenson respond when George and the 1st Man begin talking in Act I, Part 1?
9. What does Mrs. Stevenson tell the operator when she reaches her in Act I, Part 1?
10. What is George to do after killing the woman?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)