|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What number is Mrs. Stevenson dialing as the play begins?
2. How many times does the phone ring when Operator 1 dials the number in Act I, Part 1?
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson hear just as George is confirming his instructions from the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
(b) Bland buzzing signal.
(d) Bicycle bell.
4. In Act 1, Part 2, what did Sergeant Duffy order to eat?
(a) Jelly doughnuts.
(b) Chicken salad sandwich.
(c) Vegetable soup.
(d) Ham sandwich.
5. What accent does George have when he speaks on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Chief Operator tell Mrs. Stevenson that she cannot trace the number?
2. Where is George standing on the stage in Act I, Part 1?
3. What is Mrs. Stevenson wearing?
4. What tone does Mrs. Stevenson use when the operator quickly says she will try to dial the number for her in Act I, Part 2?
5. What does the 1st Man say that the client does not want to happen to the woman in Act I, Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the operator dials the number Mrs. Stevenson has been trying to reach in Act I, Part 1?
2. What instructions does the 1st Man give George about lights at the house?
3. What is George to do after killing the woman?
4. How does Mrs. Stevenson react when the operator says she will dial Murray Hill 4-0098?
5. What does Mrs. Stevenson's bedroom look like?
6. What time is George to go to the house and kill the woman and why at that time?
7. What is Mrs. Stevenson doing as the curtain rises in Act I, Part 1?
8. What does Mrs. Stevenson say about the call she overheard and whether it is still continuing?
9. How does the operator get the attention of the Chief Operator?
10. What does Mrs. Stevenson say as the operator tries the number in Act I, Part 1?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)