|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson do after the operator tells her the number if busy in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Slams the phone down.
(b) Clicks the receiver.
(c) Taps a pencil on her nightstand.
(d) Grits her teeth.
2. When Mrs. Stevenson reaches the operator in Act I, Part 1, how long has she been dialing Murray Hill?
(a) 3/4 of an hour.
(b) 1/4 hour.
(c) 1/2 an hour.
(d) An hour.
3. Since what Sergeant Duffy ordered for lunch in Act I, Part 2, was not available, what does he wish had been brought to him to eat?
(a) Blueberry pie.
(d) Apple pie.
4. In Act I, Part 2, when Mrs. Stevenson is talking with the Chief Operator, how long has it been since Mrs. Stevenson heard the two men talking?
(a) 7 minutes.
(b) About 10 minutes.
(c) 4 minutes.
(d) At least 5 minutes.
5. What does Mrs. Stevenson look at as she gives the Chief Operator her phone number in Act I, Part 2?
(a) Bedroom door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Stevenson wearing?
2. Where does Mrs. Stevenson tell the operator in Act I, Part 1, that a woman is going to be murdered?
3. What word does Mrs. Stevenson use to describe the fact that the Chief Operator will not trace the call?
4. How does the operator look around when she says she will connect Mrs. Stevenson with the Chief Operator?
5. How is the Chief Operator described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the operator dials the number Mrs. Stevenson has been trying to reach in Act I, Part 1?
2. What time is George to go to the house and kill the woman and why at that time?
3. What is George to do after killing the woman?
4. Under what conditions might the Chief Operator be able to trace a call?
5. How is George described?
6. Why is the Chief Operator not able to trace the call for Mrs. Stevenson?
7. What is Mrs. Stevenson doing as the curtain rises in Act I, Part 1?
8. How does Mrs. Stevenson react when the operator says she will dial Murray Hill 4-0098?
9. What does the operator tell the Chief Operator is the problem?
10. What does Mrs. Stevenson say as the operator tries the number in Act I, Part 1?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)