|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is there a light in Mrs. Stevenson's room?
(a) Night table.
2. What type of furnishings are in Mrs. Stevenson's bedroom?
(a) Oak and maple.
(b) Masculine and massive.
(c) French provincial.
(d) Expensive and fussy.
3. What line does the operator want the Chief Operator to pick up in Act I, Part 2?
4. What is the heavy-set man wearing as he speaks on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
(b) Suit jacket.
5. Who is with Mrs. Stevenson in the house in Act I, Part 1?
(a) A dog.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A maid.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Chief Operator tell Mrs. Stevenson that she cannot trace the number?
2. Where does the private patrolman go when the leaves the neighborhood in Act I, Part 1?
3. How does Mrs. Stevenson act when she is asked to give the Chief Operator her phone number in Act I, Part 2?
4. In Act I, Part 1, when does the 1st Man say that the coast will be clear?
5. What is the job of the person who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson in Act 1, Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson's bedroom look like?
2. How is the Chief Operator described and what is she wearing?
3. What instructions is George given for the actual murder?
4. What reason does Mrs. Stevenson give the Chief Operator for wanting the call traced.
5. What is George to do after killing the woman?
6. What time is George to go to the house and kill the woman and why at that time?
7. How does Mrs. Stevenson respond when George and the 1st Man begin talking in Act I, Part 1?
8. How is George described?
9. Under what conditions might the Chief Operator be able to trace a call?
10. What is Mrs. Stevenson doing as the curtain rises in Act I, Part 1?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)