|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the phone ring when Operator 1 dials the number in Act I, Part 1?
2. What is the person carrying who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 2?
(a) Brown paper parcel.
3. What is Mrs. Stevenson's husband's name?
4. What does the 1st Man tell George about what light's will be on when George goes to the place where the 1st Man is sending him in Act I, Part 1?
(a) A light overlooking the backyard will be on.
(b) Only a kitchen light will be on.
(c) There will only be light from a fireplace.
(d) Only one light will be visible from the street.
5. In Act 1, Part 2, what did Sergeant Duffy order to eat?
(a) Ham sandwich.
(b) Vegetable soup.
(c) Chicken salad sandwich.
(d) Jelly doughnuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Chief Operator?
2. How does Mrs. Stevenson end the call with the Chief Operator?
3. Why does the Chief Operator tell Mrs. Stevenson that she cannot trace the number?
4. Where does the private patrolman go when the leaves the neighborhood in Act I, Part 1?
5. How old is the Chief Operator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Mrs. Stevenson give the Chief Operator for wanting the call traced.
2. What does Mrs. Stevenson's bedroom look like?
3. How is the Chief Operator described and what is she wearing?
4. What information does the Chief Operator ask Mrs. Stevenson?
5. What instructions is George given for the actual murder?
6. What does Mrs. Stevenson say about the call she overheard and whether it is still continuing?
7. How does Mrs. Stevenson respond when George and the 1st Man begin talking in Act I, Part 1?
8. What does Mrs. Stevenson say as the operator tries the number in Act I, Part 1?
9. Why is the Chief Operator not able to trace the call for Mrs. Stevenson?
10. Under what conditions might the Chief Operator be able to trace a call?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)