|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the phone ring when Operator 1 dials the number in Act I, Part 1?
2. How old is the Chief Operator?
3. Where does Mrs. Stevenson tell the operator in Act I, Part 1, that a woman is going to be murdered?
(a) In a house near a bridge.
(b) In a house near a river.
(c) In a car.
(d) In an apartment.
4. How many times does the phone ring before someone at the Police Department picks it up in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does the 1st Man tell George about what light's will be on when George goes to the place where the 1st Man is sending him in Act I, Part 1?
(a) Only one light will be visible from the street.
(b) A light overlooking the backyard will be on.
(c) Only a kitchen light will be on.
(d) There will only be light from a fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the private patrolman go when the leaves the neighborhood in Act I, Part 1?
2. How is Mrs. Stevenson described as she calls the operator after hearing the conversation between George and the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
3. What tone does Mrs. Stevenson use when the operator quickly says she will try to dial the number for her in Act I, Part 2?
4. What is the job of the person who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson in Act 1, Part 2?
5. In Act I, Part 2, what ailment does Sergeant Duffy say that he has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What time is George to go to the house and kill the woman and why at that time?
2. What information does the Chief Operator ask Mrs. Stevenson?
3. How is the Chief Operator described and what is she wearing?
4. What does Mrs. Stevenson tell the operator when she reaches her in Act I, Part 1?
5. What does Mrs. Stevenson say as the operator tries the number in Act I, Part 1?
6. How does Mrs. Stevenson respond when George and the 1st Man begin talking in Act I, Part 1?
7. What reason does Mrs. Stevenson give the Chief Operator for wanting the call traced.
8. Why is the Chief Operator not able to trace the call for Mrs. Stevenson?
9. What instructions is George given for the actual murder?
10. What is George to do after killing the woman?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)