|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the telegram, when does Mrs. Stevenson's husband say that he will be back?
(a) Tomorrow afternoon.
(b) Two days.
(c) Next week.
(d) Tomorrow morning.
2. How does Mrs. Stevenson respond at the beginning of Act I, Part 4, when the operator tells her her husband's number is busy?
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson want Duffy to send to her neighborhood right away?
(a) A radio car.
(b) A motorcycle policeman.
(c) A patrol car.
(d) A SWAT team.
4. What sound does Mrs. Stevenson make after she is told her husband's number is busy?
(a) Small scream.
(c) Short cry.
5. What does Mrs. Stevenson do after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening right before she makes a call to the operator again?
(a) Bites her nails.
(b) Throws a pillow.
(c) Grabs a pill.
(d) Beats her knuckles on the bed.
6. What are Mrs. Stevenson's movements like after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening?
7. What time does Mr. Stevenson say in the telegram that he is leaving?
(a) 9 p.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
8. What bridge is Mrs. Stevenson's house near?
9. Where does the lunch counter attendant have a fork?
(a) In a bag.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) In a bowl.
(d) On a plate.
10. How many murders does Duffy say are committed in the city every day?
(c) A lot.
11. What is the prefix for Mrs. Stevenson's phone number?
(a) Murray Hill.
12. After Duffy say the police will take care of the matter, what does Mrs. Stevenson ask will be done?
(a) Post someone in her heighborhood.
(b) Call her private patrolman.
(c) Broadcast the information all over the city.
(d) Issue a radio announcement.
13. How does the Third Operator tell Mrs. Stevenson that she cannot put through the call that Mrs. Stevenson missed?
14. In Act I, Part 4, how long does Mrs. Stevenson learn that her husband has tried calling her?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) About an hour and a half.
(d) An hour.
15. What is Duffy feeling as Mrs. Stevenson gives her name and address?
(d) High interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson say that her husband thinks about her?
2. After listening to the telegram, what does Mrs. Stevenson say after the operator tells her that there is no answer at her husband's office?
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson decide she is when she decides to make a second call after she heard the telegram read?
4. How does Mrs. Stevenson rise in her bed after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening?
5. What is Mrs. Stevenson's attitude when she tells Duffy that he needs to do more than check the call?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)