|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Mrs. Stevenson make when she throw herself back against the pillows?
(a) A sob.
(b) Soft cry.
(c) A moan.
(d) A whimper.
2. What does Mrs. Stevenson say that her husband thinks about her?
(a) He is deeply in love with her.
(b) He will do anything for her because he loves her so much.
(c) He is crazy about her and adores her.
(d) He is infatuated with her.
3. How does Mrs. Stevenson hang up the phone after the man who calls her in Act I, Part 4, hangs up?
(c) Slams the receiver.
(d) Bangs the receiver.
4. Where does the lunch counter attendant have a fork?
(a) On a plate.
(b) In a bowl.
(c) In a bag.
(d) In his pocket.
5. When did Mrs. Stevenson become sick?
(a) 5 years ago.
(b) 10 years ago.
(c) 12 years ago.
(d) 15 years ago.
6. What does the lunch counter attendant bring Duffy while he is speaking to Mrs. Stevenson?
(a) Cherry turnovers.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Blueberry turnovers.
(d) Blueberry pie.
7. What are Mrs. Stevenson's movements like after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening?
8. What does the man offer to do who calls Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 4?
(a) Call someone to be with her.
(b) Deliver the telegram.
(c) Read the message again.
(d) Call the police.
9. What sound can be heard as Mrs. Stevenson picks up the phone to call again at the end of Act I, Part III?
(c) Door opening.
(d) Door closing.
10. How does Duffy describe the clue that Mrs. Stevenson gave him?
11. After Mrs. Stevenson tells Duffy when she became sick, what does he tell her?
(a) She should call her maid.
(b) Her husband will probably be home soon.
(c) She will be just fine.
(d) There is nothing to worry about.
12. What does Duffy do after Mrs. Stevenson hangs up?
(a) Eats his pie.
(b) Leaves the office.
(c) Starts issuing bulletins.
(d) Arranges for more patrol cars in suspicious neighborhoods.
13. What does Mrs. Stevenson decide she is when she decides to make a second call after she heard the telegram read?
14. Where does Duffy say there might be another house on a Second Avenue near a bridge?
(d) Staten Island.
15. Where does the man work who calls Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 4?
(a) An accounting office.
(b) Western Union.
(c) Police station.
(d) Her husband's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What operator does Mrs. Stevenson dial when making a second phone call after she receives the telegram?
2. What does Mrs. Stevenson do after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening right before she makes a call to the operator again?
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson want Duffy to send to her neighborhood right away?
4. What system did Mrs. Stevenson hear the call on?
5. In the telegram, when does Mrs. Stevenson's husband say that he will be back?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)