|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man offer to do who calls Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 4?
(a) Deliver the telegram.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Read the message again.
(d) Call someone to be with her.
2. What does Mrs. Stevenson call Duffy after she hangs up?
3. How does Mrs. Stevenson rise in her bed after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening?
(b) In panic.
4. What does Duffy do after Mrs. Stevenson hangs up?
(a) Arranges for more patrol cars in suspicious neighborhoods.
(b) Starts issuing bulletins.
(c) Eats his pie.
(d) Leaves the office.
5. What does Duffy reach for as he tells Mrs. Stevenson not to worry?
(c) Paper sack.
6. After listening to the telegram and trying to have the operator reach her husband's office, what does Mrs. Stevenson do?
(a) Grabs a handkerchief and wipes away tears.
(c) Sobs pityingly to herself.
7. What is Mrs. Stevenson's maid too lazy to do?
(a) Replace the flowers.
(c) Bring up a breakfast tray.
(d) Clean the refrigerator.
8. After Duffy say the police will take care of the matter, what does Mrs. Stevenson ask will be done?
(a) Broadcast the information all over the city.
(b) Post someone in her heighborhood.
(c) Call her private patrolman.
(d) Issue a radio announcement.
9. What does the lunch counter attendant bring Duffy while he is speaking to Mrs. Stevenson?
(a) Blueberry turnovers.
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Cherry turnovers.
(d) Blueberry pie.
10. What does Duffy do while Mrs. Stevenson talks and explains about the call she overheard?
(a) Does some paperwork.
(b) Doodles on a pad of paper.
(c) Twirls the cord of the phone.
(d) Pays the attendant.
11. What does Duffy do after Mrs. Stevenson says that the call cannot be traced if the parties are no longer talking?
(a) Cough slightly.
(c) Doodle on his pad.
(d) Finish his lunch.
12. What does Duffy begin to do as Mrs. Stevenson says that she heard the plans of the men distinctly?
(a) Eat his sandwich.
(b) Eat his dessert.
(c) Walk around his desk.
(d) Look out the window.
13. How does the Third Operator tell Mrs. Stevenson that she cannot put through the call that Mrs. Stevenson missed?
14. What system did Mrs. Stevenson hear the call on?
(a) New York.
15. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she thinks about being alone that evening?
(a) Wrings her hands.
(b) Runs her hands through her hair.
(c) Pulls on her wedding band.
(d) Twists her bed jacket in her fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson say that her husband thinks about her?
2. What does Duffy do when he learns a murder has not yet been committed?
3. When making a second call after receiving the telegram, how does Mrs. Stevenson lift the receiver?
4. In Act I, Part 4, how long does Mrs. Stevenson learn that her husband has tried calling her?
5. What does Mrs. Stevenson say after hearing the telegram her husband sent?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)