|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she thinks about being alone that evening?
(a) Runs her hands through her hair.
(b) Twists her bed jacket in her fingers.
(c) Wrings her hands.
(d) Pulls on her wedding band.
2. What does Mrs. Stevenson do when Duffy says he has other matters to attend to?
(a) Yells at Duffy.
(b) Slams the receiver hard.
(c) Begins to cry.
(d) Twists her handkerchief.
3. What is the name of Mrs. Stevenson's maid?
4. How does the Third Operator tell Mrs. Stevenson that she cannot put through the call that Mrs. Stevenson missed?
5. In the telegram, when does Mrs. Stevenson's husband say that he will be back?
(a) Next week.
(b) Tomorrow morning.
(c) Tomorrow afternoon.
(d) Two days.
6. What does Duffy do after Mrs. Stevenson hangs up?
(a) Leaves the office.
(b) Eats his pie.
(c) Starts issuing bulletins.
(d) Arranges for more patrol cars in suspicious neighborhoods.
7. Where does the man work who calls Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 4?
(a) Police station.
(b) Her husband's office.
(c) Western Union.
(d) An accounting office.
8. How does Duffy describe the clue that Mrs. Stevenson gave him?
9. What bridge is Mrs. Stevenson's house near?
10. After Mrs. Stevenson tells Duffy when she became sick, what does he tell her?
(a) She will be just fine.
(b) She should call her maid.
(c) There is nothing to worry about.
(d) Her husband will probably be home soon.
11. What is the man wearing who calls Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 4?
(b) Sports jacket and slacks.
(c) Eye-shade and shirtsleeves.
(d) Ball cap and t-shirt.
12. After listening to the telegram and trying to have the operator reach her husband's office, what does Mrs. Stevenson do?
(b) Sobs pityingly to herself.
(d) Grabs a handkerchief and wipes away tears.
13. When making a second call after receiving the telegram, how does Mrs. Stevenson lift the receiver?
(b) With shaking hands.
(c) With trembling fingers.
14. What is Mrs. Stevenson's maid too lazy to do?
(a) Clean the refrigerator.
(b) Replace the flowers.
(d) Bring up a breakfast tray.
15. How does Mrs. Stevenson respond at the beginning of Act I, Part 4, when the operator tells her her husband's number is busy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Stevenson rise in her bed after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening?
2. What time is it as Duffy tries to end the call with Mrs. Stevenson?
3. What system did Mrs. Stevenson hear the call on?
4. Where does the telegram state that Mrs. Stevenson's husband is going?
5. What tone does Duffy use when he tells Mrs. Stevenson that the police will take care of the matter?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)