|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Stevenson rise in her bed after hearing that her husband will not be home that evening?
(a) In panic.
2. What does Duffy do after Mrs. Stevenson says that the call cannot be traced if the parties are no longer talking?
(a) Doodle on his pad.
(c) Cough slightly.
(d) Finish his lunch.
3. How does Duffy describe the clue that Mrs. Stevenson gave him?
4. What is the name of Mrs. Stevenson's maid?
5. What does Duffy say about Second Avenue?
(a) It is a very long street.
(b) It is already well patrolled.
(c) It is too busy for a murder.
(d) It is a short street.
6. What number does Mrs. Stevenson want the operator to get for her at the end of Act I, Part 4?
(a) Her maid's number.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) Henchley Hospital.
(d) Train station.
7. How long ago does Mrs. Stevenson say that she heard the call about a murder?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 7 minutes.
(d) 6 minutes.
8. What is the man wearing who calls Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 4?
(a) Sports jacket and slacks.
(c) Eye-shade and shirtsleeves.
(d) Ball cap and t-shirt.
9. What sound does Mrs. Stevenson make when she throw herself back against the pillows?
(a) A moan.
(b) A sob.
(c) Soft cry.
(d) A whimper.
10. What is Duffy feeling as Mrs. Stevenson gives her name and address?
(c) High interest.
11. What is Duffy's attitude as he listens to Mrs. Stevenson explain what she wants?
(d) Not too impressed.
12. What bridge is Mrs. Stevenson's house near?
13. In Act I, Part 4, how long does Mrs. Stevenson learn that her husband has tried calling her?
(a) An hour.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) About an hour and a half.
(d) 30 minutes.
14. What does Mrs. Stevenson say mechanically to the phone after the man who calls her in Act I, Part 4, hangs up?
(a) Thank you.
(b) Good night.
15. How many murders does Duffy say are committed in the city every day?
(b) A lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Stevenson's attitude when she tells Duffy that he needs to do more than check the call?
2. What tone does Duffy use when he tells Mrs. Stevenson that the police will take care of the matter?
3. What does Duffy reach for as he tells Mrs. Stevenson not to worry?
4. What does Mrs. Stevenson call Duffy after she hangs up?
5. How does Mrs. Stevenson hang up the phone after the man who calls her in Act I, Part 4, hangs up?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)