|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does the phone ring when Operator 1 dials the number in Act I, Part 1?
2. What is the person wearing who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson?
(a) Fur coat.
(b) Cap and apron.
(c) White blouse and navy skirt.
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson accuse the operator of doing after the operator tells her that the number is busy in Act I, Part 2?
(a) Not listen.
(b) Dial correctly.
(c) Dial incorrectly.
(d) Ignoring her.
4. What is on the mantel in Mrs. Stevenson's room?
5. Where is George speaking on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
(c) Phone booth.
(d) Gas station.
6. How does Mrs. Stevenson end the call with the Chief Operator?
(a) Yells at the operator.
(b) Throws the phone.
(c) Slams the receiver.
(d) Berates the operator.
7. What is Mrs. Stevenson wearing?
(d) Bed jacket.
8. What is the heavy-set man wearing as he speaks on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
(d) Suit jacket.
9. Why does Mrs. Stevenson say that the operator has the trace the call in Act I, Part 2?
(a) It is her civic duty.
(b) Because she needs to get it right.
(c) Because it is her job.
(d) Because Mrs. Stevenson wants her to.
10. Where is there a light in Mrs. Stevenson's room?
(a) Night table.
11. What is Mrs. Stevenson's husband's name?
12. What is the house number where Mrs. Stevenson lives?
13. In Act I, Part 2, what ailment does Sergeant Duffy say that he has?
14. How does Sergeant Duffy react when Mrs. Stevenson announces that she wishes to report a murder?
(a) Waves the person in his office away.
(b) Does a double-take.
(c) Is struck silent.
(d) Grabs a pen and paper.
15. What word does Mrs. Stevenson use to describe the fact that the Chief Operator will not trace the call?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson call the two men she heard on the phone when she asks the operator to trace the call in Act I, Part 1?
2. In Act 1, Part 2, what did Sergeant Duffy order to eat?
3. What number is Mrs. Stevenson dialing as the play begins?
4. What does Mrs. Stevenson hear just as George is confirming his instructions from the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
5. How old is the Chief Operator?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)