|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is George speaking on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
(a) Gas station.
(c) Phone booth.
2. What is George to remove after killing the woman?
(d) Everything in the safe.
3. What is Mrs. Stevenson wearing?
(a) Bed jacket.
4. What is Mrs. Stevenson's phone number?
5. What does Mrs. Stevenson look at as she gives the Chief Operator her phone number in Act I, Part 2?
(c) Bedroom door.
6. What line does the operator want the Chief Operator to pick up in Act I, Part 2?
7. What does Mrs. Stevenson hear just as George is confirming his instructions from the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
(a) Bland buzzing signal.
(d) Bicycle bell.
8. Where on the stage is the Second Operator seated?
9. What can be heard as the play begins?
(b) Someone shouting.
(d) Children playing outside.
10. Since what Sergeant Duffy ordered for lunch in Act I, Part 2, was not available, what does he wish had been brought to him to eat?
(a) Apple pie.
(c) Blueberry pie.
11. When the phone is answered in Act I, Part 1, what side of the stage is lit?
12. What tone does Mrs. Stevenson use with the operator after she tells her the number is busy in Act I, Part 2?
13. What part of the stage is lit as the curtain rises?
(c) Left side.
(d) Right side.
14. What precinct does Sergeant Duffy work for?
15. How does the operator look around when she says she will connect Mrs. Stevenson with the Chief Operator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time will the private patrolman leave the neighborhood in Act I, Part 1?
2. What type of furnishings are in Mrs. Stevenson's bedroom?
3. How does Sergeant Duffy react when Mrs. Stevenson announces that she wishes to report a murder?
4. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she considers what she just heard on the phone between George and the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
5. How many times does the phone ring before someone at the Police Department picks it up in Act 1, Part 2?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)