|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Stevenson say that the operator has the trace the call in Act I, Part 2?
(a) Because Mrs. Stevenson wants her to.
(b) Because it is her job.
(c) Because she needs to get it right.
(d) It is her civic duty.
2. How is the Chief Operator described?
(a) Pleasant, but firm.
(b) Kind and efficient.
(d) Efficient and pleasant.
3. What is on the mantel in Mrs. Stevenson's room?
4. How does Mrs. Stevenson end the call with the Chief Operator?
(a) Yells at the operator.
(b) Throws the phone.
(c) Berates the operator.
(d) Slams the receiver.
5. What line does the operator want the Chief Operator to pick up in Act I, Part 2?
6. When Mrs. Stevenson reaches the operator in Act I, Part 1, how long has she been dialing Murray Hill?
(a) An hour.
(b) 1/2 an hour.
(c) 1/4 hour.
(d) 3/4 of an hour.
7. What is the street where Mrs. Stevenson lives?
(a) North Sutton Place.
(b) Manhattan Place.
(c) South Broadway Place.
(d) Broadway Ave.
8. Where does Mrs. Stevenson tell the operator in Act I, Part 1, that a woman is going to be murdered?
(a) In an apartment.
(b) In a house near a bridge.
(c) In a car.
(d) In a house near a river.
9. What is Mrs. Stevenson's phone number?
10. What is the job of the person who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Delivery boy.
(c) Run the police department.
(d) Police records keeper.
11. What tone does Mrs. Stevenson use with the operator after she tells her the number is busy in Act I, Part 2?
12. What is the person wearing who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson?
(a) Fur coat.
(b) White blouse and navy skirt.
(d) Cap and apron.
13. When the first operator answers, what part of the stage is lit?
14. Since what Sergeant Duffy ordered for lunch in Act I, Part 2, was not available, what does he wish had been brought to him to eat?
(a) Apple pie.
(b) Blueberry pie.
15. What is the person carrying who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 2?
(c) Brown paper parcel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose number if Mrs. Stevenson calling in Act I, Part 1?
2. How old is the Chief Operator?
3. Where does the private patrolman go when the leaves the neighborhood in Act I, Part 1?
4. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she considers what she just heard on the phone between George and the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
5. What number is Mrs. Stevenson dialing as the play begins?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)