|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the operator look around when she says she will connect Mrs. Stevenson with the Chief Operator?
2. What is Mrs. Stevenson's maiden name?
3. What is on the mantel in Mrs. Stevenson's room?
4. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she waits for the operator to connect the call at the beginning of Act I, Part 2?
(a) Adjusts herself on her pillows and reaches for a handkerchief.
(b) Paces on the floor.
(c) Lays down.
(d) Sits up.
5. Where is George standing on the stage in Act I, Part 1?
6. What is the heavy-set man wearing as he speaks on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
(b) Suit jacket.
7. Whose number if Mrs. Stevenson calling in Act I, Part 1?
(b) Her husband's office.
(d) Doctor's office.
8. How does Mrs. Stevenson act when she is asked to give the Chief Operator her phone number in Act I, Part 2?
9. What precinct does Sergeant Duffy work for?
10. In Act I, Part 2, what did Sergeant Duffy get to eat?
(a) French crullers.
(b) Pocket sandwich.
(c) Egg salad sandwich.
(d) Chicken noodle soup.
11. What word does Mrs. Stevenson use to describe the fact that the Chief Operator will not trace the call?
12. What is Mrs. Stevenson wearing?
(b) Bed jacket.
13. What is the person carrying who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 2?
(c) Brown paper parcel.
14. What tone does Mrs. Stevenson use when the operator quickly says she will try to dial the number for her in Act I, Part 2?
15. From where does the Chief Operator find a pencil to write down information from Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 2?
(a) Desk organizer.
(c) Pencil cup holder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the private patrolman go when the leaves the neighborhood in Act I, Part 1?
2. What is Mrs. Stevenson's husband's name?
3. What is the street where Mrs. Stevenson lives?
4. What is the name of the Chief Operator?
5. When the first operator answers, what part of the stage is lit?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)