|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the heavy-set man wearing as he speaks on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
(a) Suit jacket.
2. Where is the place located that the private patrolman goes when he leaves the neighborhood in Act I, Part 1?
(a) First Avenue.
(b) Fourth Avenue.
(c) Fifth Avenue.
(d) Second Avenue.
3. Where is the heavy-set man speaking on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
(a) In his living room.
(b) In a kitchen.
(c) At a desk.
(d) Standing against a wall.
4. How many times does the phone ring before someone at the Police Department picks it up in Act 1, Part 2?
5. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she waits for the operator to connect the call at the beginning of Act I, Part 2?
(a) Lays down.
(b) Adjusts herself on her pillows and reaches for a handkerchief.
(c) Sits up.
(d) Paces on the floor.
6. What does Mrs. Stevenson look at as she gives the Chief Operator her phone number in Act I, Part 2?
(a) Bedroom door.
7. Where does Mrs. Stevenson tell the operator in Act I, Part 1, that a woman is going to be murdered?
(a) In a house near a bridge.
(b) In a car.
(c) In a house near a river.
(d) In an apartment.
8. Where on the stage is the Second Operator seated?
9. Where is there a light in Mrs. Stevenson's room?
(b) Night table.
10. How old is the Chief Operator?
11. What number is Mrs. Stevenson dialing as the play begins?
12. In Act 1, Part 2, what did Sergeant Duffy order to eat?
(a) Jelly doughnuts.
(b) Chicken salad sandwich.
(c) Ham sandwich.
(d) Vegetable soup.
13. What is the name of the Chief Operator?
(a) Miss Curtis.
(b) Miss WIlder.
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
(d) Mrs. Perkins.
14. When the first operator answers, what part of the stage is lit?
15. How does Mrs. Stevenson act when she is asked to give the Chief Operator her phone number in Act I, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the phone is answered in Act I, Part 1, what side of the stage is lit?
2. What is George to remove after killing the woman?
3. What is the job of the person who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson in Act 1, Part 2?
4. What is Mrs. Stevenson's phone number?
5. What does Mrs. Stevenson call the two men she heard on the phone when she asks the operator to trace the call in Act I, Part 1?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)