|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson hear just as George is confirming his instructions from the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
(b) Bicycle bell.
(c) Bland buzzing signal.
2. When Mrs. Stevenson reaches the operator in Act I, Part 1, how long has she been dialing Murray Hill?
(a) 3/4 of an hour.
(b) 1/4 hour.
(c) An hour.
(d) 1/2 an hour.
3. Who is with Sergeant Duffy in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A young man.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A secretary.
(d) The Chief.
4. What does George plan to use to commit the murder?
5. How does the operator look around when she says she will connect Mrs. Stevenson with the Chief Operator?
6. What does Mrs. Stevenson look at as she gives the Chief Operator her phone number in Act I, Part 2?
(c) Bedroom door.
7. What is Mrs. Stevenson's husband's name?
8. Where does the private patrolman go when the leaves the neighborhood in Act I, Part 1?
9. Since what Sergeant Duffy ordered for lunch in Act I, Part 2, was not available, what does he wish had been brought to him to eat?
(a) Apple pie.
(d) Blueberry pie.
10. In Act 1, Part 2, what did Sergeant Duffy order to eat?
(a) Vegetable soup.
(b) Ham sandwich.
(c) Chicken salad sandwich.
(d) Jelly doughnuts.
11. Where is George speaking on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
(c) Phone booth.
(d) Gas station.
12. Where on the stage is the Second Operator seated?
13. What is the house number where Mrs. Stevenson lives?
14. What is on the mantel in Mrs. Stevenson's room?
15. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she waits for the operator to connect the call at the beginning of Act I, Part 2?
(a) Adjusts herself on her pillows and reaches for a handkerchief.
(b) Paces on the floor.
(c) Sits up.
(d) Lays down.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Part 2, what ailment does Sergeant Duffy say that he has?
2. What time will the private patrolman leave the neighborhood in Act I, Part 1?
3. What is the heavy-set man wearing as he speaks on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
4. What does Mrs. Stevenson eat or drink as the play begins?
5. What is George to be sure of before he goes to the place the 1st Man is sending him in Act I, Part 1?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)