|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be heard as the play begins?
(a) Children playing outside.
(b) Someone shouting.
2. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she waits for the operator to connect the call at the beginning of Act I, Part 2?
(a) Paces on the floor.
(b) Lays down.
(c) Adjusts herself on her pillows and reaches for a handkerchief.
(d) Sits up.
3. What is the house number where Mrs. Stevenson lives?
4. Since what Sergeant Duffy ordered for lunch in Act I, Part 2, was not available, what does he wish had been brought to him to eat?
(b) Blueberry pie.
(d) Apple pie.
5. How is Mrs. Stevenson described as she calls the operator after hearing the conversation between George and the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
(a) Unnerved and breathless.
(b) Frightened and frustrated.
6. What is Mrs. Stevenson's maiden name?
7. In Act I, Part 2, what ailment does Sergeant Duffy say that he has?
8. What tone does Mrs. Stevenson use when the operator quickly says she will try to dial the number for her in Act I, Part 2?
9. What is the name of the Chief Operator?
(a) Mrs. Davidson.
(b) Mrs. Perkins.
(c) Miss WIlder.
(d) Miss Curtis.
10. How is the Chief Operator described?
(a) Kind and efficient.
(b) Pleasant, but firm.
(d) Efficient and pleasant.
11. What does Mrs. Stevenson call the two men she heard on the phone when she asks the operator to trace the call in Act I, Part 1?
(a) Cold-blooded fiends.
12. What is the job of the person who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson in Act 1, Part 2?
(b) Delivery boy.
(c) Police records keeper.
(d) Run the police department.
13. In Act 1, Part 2, what did Sergeant Duffy order to eat?
(a) Vegetable soup.
(b) Jelly doughnuts.
(c) Chicken salad sandwich.
(d) Ham sandwich.
14. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she considers what she just heard on the phone between George and the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
(a) Pulls her covers over her head.
(b) Lies back on her pillows.
(c) Tries to get out of bed.
(d) Struggles to sit up.
15. What type of furnishings are in Mrs. Stevenson's bedroom?
(a) Expensive and fussy.
(b) Oak and maple.
(c) French provincial.
(d) Masculine and massive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I, Part 2, when Mrs. Stevenson is talking with the Chief Operator, how long has it been since Mrs. Stevenson heard the two men talking?
2. When the first operator answers, what part of the stage is lit?
3. When Mrs. Stevenson reaches the operator in Act I, Part 1, how long has she been dialing Murray Hill?
4. From where does the Chief Operator find a pencil to write down information from Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 2?
5. What does the 1st Man tell George about what light's will be on when George goes to the place where the 1st Man is sending him in Act I, Part 1?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)