|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson do after the operator tells her the number if busy in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Grits her teeth.
(b) Taps a pencil on her nightstand.
(c) Slams the phone down.
(d) Clicks the receiver.
2. In Act I, Part 1, when does the 1st Man say that the coast will be clear?
(b) Tomorrow night.
(c) Tomorrow morning.
3. How many times does the phone ring when Operator 1 dials the number in Act I, Part 1?
4. How does Mrs. Stevenson act when she is asked to give the Chief Operator her phone number in Act I, Part 2?
5. What accent does George have when he speaks on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
6. Where is George speaking on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
(a) Gas station.
(c) Phone booth.
7. Where is George standing on the stage in Act I, Part 1?
8. How does Mrs. Stevenson end the call with the Chief Operator?
(a) Yells at the operator.
(b) Throws the phone.
(c) Slams the receiver.
(d) Berates the operator.
9. What is the person carrying who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson in Act I, Part 2?
(a) Brown paper parcel.
10. What type of furnishings are in Mrs. Stevenson's bedroom?
(a) French provincial.
(b) Oak and maple.
(c) Expensive and fussy.
(d) Masculine and massive.
11. In Act I, Part 2, what did Sergeant Duffy get to eat?
(a) French crullers.
(b) Pocket sandwich.
(c) Chicken noodle soup.
(d) Egg salad sandwich.
12. What is the job of the person who is with Sergeant Duffy when he takes the call from Mrs. Stevenson in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) Run the police department.
(b) Police records keeper.
(c) Delivery boy.
13. Where is the place located that the private patrolman goes when he leaves the neighborhood in Act I, Part 1?
(a) Fourth Avenue.
(b) Fifth Avenue.
(c) Second Avenue.
(d) First Avenue.
14. What can be heard as the play begins?
(a) Someone shouting.
(b) Children playing outside.
15. Who is with Sergeant Duffy in Act 1, Part 2?
(a) A secretary.
(b) A young woman.
(c) The Chief.
(d) A young man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What precinct does Sergeant Duffy work for?
2. How is Mrs. Stevenson described as she calls the operator after hearing the conversation between George and the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
3. What does Mrs. Stevenson call the two men she heard on the phone when she asks the operator to trace the call in Act I, Part 1?
4. How does Sergeant Duffy react when Mrs. Stevenson announces that she wishes to report a murder?
5. What number is Mrs. Stevenson dialing as the play begins?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)