|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson accuse the operator of doing after the operator tells her that the number is busy in Act I, Part 2?
(a) Not listen.
(b) Ignoring her.
(c) Dial incorrectly.
(d) Dial correctly.
2. What word does Mrs. Stevenson use to describe the fact that the Chief Operator will not trace the call?
3. When making a second call after receiving the telegram, how does Mrs. Stevenson lift the receiver?
(b) With trembling fingers.
(d) With shaking hands.
4. What is Mrs. Stevenson wearing?
(b) Bed jacket.
5. What time does Mr. Stevenson say in the telegram that he is leaving?
(a) 10:30 p.m.
(b) 9 p.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mrs. Stevenson become sick?
2. What number is Mrs. Stevenson dialing as the play begins?
3. How is the Chief Operator described?
4. What does Mrs. Stevenson say that her husband thinks about her?
5. How does Mrs. Stevenson describe her maid's weight?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)