|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Chief Operator described?
(a) Kind and efficient.
(b) Efficient and pleasant.
(c) Pleasant, but firm.
2. What word is used to describe Mrs. Stevenson?
3. After Mrs. Stevenson tells Duffy when she became sick, what does he tell her?
(a) She will be just fine.
(b) There is nothing to worry about.
(c) She should call her maid.
(d) Her husband will probably be home soon.
4. In Act 1, Part 2, what did Sergeant Duffy order to eat?
(a) Vegetable soup.
(b) Ham sandwich.
(c) Jelly doughnuts.
(d) Chicken salad sandwich.
5. Where does Mrs. Stevenson tell the operator in Act I, Part 1, that a woman is going to be murdered?
(a) In an apartment.
(b) In a house near a river.
(c) In a house near a bridge.
(d) In a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is there a light in Mrs. Stevenson's room?
2. What sound can be heard as Mrs. Stevenson picks up the phone to call again at the end of Act I, Part III?
3. What is Mrs. Stevenson's attitude when she tells Duffy that he needs to do more than check the call?
4. What is the name of Mrs. Stevenson's maid?
5. What is Duffy feeling as Mrs. Stevenson gives her name and address?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)