|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she considers what she just heard on the phone between George and the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
(a) Pulls her covers over her head.
(b) Tries to get out of bed.
(c) Struggles to sit up.
(d) Lies back on her pillows.
2. Why does Mrs. Stevenson say that the operator has the trace the call in Act I, Part 2?
(a) Because she needs to get it right.
(b) Because Mrs. Stevenson wants her to.
(c) It is her civic duty.
(d) Because it is her job.
3. What tone does Mrs. Stevenson use with the operator after she tells her the number is busy in Act I, Part 2?
4. Where on the stage is the Second Operator seated?
5. How does Mrs. Stevenson act when she is asked to give the Chief Operator her phone number in Act I, Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson eat or drink as the play begins?
2. What line does the operator want the Chief Operator to pick up in Act I, Part 2?
3. Where is George speaking on the phone in Act I, Part 1?
4. What word does Mrs. Stevenson use to describe the fact that the Chief Operator will not trace the call?
5. What is Mrs. Stevenson's maiden name?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)