|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Stevenson do as she considers what she just heard on the phone between George and the 1st Man in Act I, Part 1?
(a) Pulls her covers over her head.
(b) Tries to get out of bed.
(c) Struggles to sit up.
(d) Lies back on her pillows.
2. What does Mrs. Stevenson say that her husband thinks about her?
(a) He will do anything for her because he loves her so much.
(b) He is infatuated with her.
(c) He is crazy about her and adores her.
(d) He is deeply in love with her.
3. How does Duffy describe the clue that Mrs. Stevenson gave him?
4. When Mrs. Stevenson reaches the operator in Act I, Part 1, how long has she been dialing Murray Hill?
(a) An hour.
(b) 3/4 of an hour.
(c) 1/4 hour.
(d) 1/2 an hour.
5. In Act 1, Part 2, what did Sergeant Duffy order to eat?
(a) Ham sandwich.
(b) Vegetable soup.
(c) Chicken salad sandwich.
(d) Jelly doughnuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Stevenson act when she is asked to give the Chief Operator her phone number in Act I, Part 2?
2. What sound can be heard as Mrs. Stevenson picks up the phone to call again at the end of Act I, Part III?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Stevenson's maid?
4. What part of the stage is lit as the curtain rises?
5. What does Duffy do while Mrs. Stevenson talks and explains about the call she overheard?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)