|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34, Counterpoint.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marx's solution to the society's impending collapse?
(a) A czar as leader.
(b) A monarchy.
(d) A classless society.
2. What describes Thomas Hobbes' philosophy?
3. What angers Alberto at the Cinderella Cafe?
(a) Sophie won't stop pestering him.
(b) He cannot make the coffee dispenser work.
(c) His money is the wrong kind.
(d) He cannot be seen and people walk on him.
4. What cultures comprise the Hellenism period?
(a) American and Greek.
(b) Greek and Asian.
(c) African and Asian.
(d) European and South American.
5. What is the individual's role in the Enlightenment philosophy?
(a) To ponder life's struggles.
(b) To ponder existence.
(c) To question authority.
(d) To question nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kant explain the place of faith in people's lives?
2. After Sophie returns home from meeting Alberto, what does she see in the mirror?
3. Where does Berkeley think all of our ideas originate?
4. For what are Alberto and Sophie going to use practical reason?
5. During the Romantic era, what could dramas be written about?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)