|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Hilde find in the encyclopedia about George Berkeley?
(a) Berkeley denies the existence of a material world beyond the human mind.
(b) Berkeley doubts the truthfulness of early Gods.
(c) Berkeley wishes humans could behave more like their Creator.
(d) Berkeley never taught philosophy.
2. Where does Sophie live?
(a) A shady duplex.
(b) A tall apartment complex.
(c) In the middle of town.
(d) On the edge of the woods.
3. What is the little Match Girl like?
(a) A communist.
(b) A socialist.
(c) A democrat.
(d) A transcendentalist.
4. According to Anaxagoras, what are seeds?
(a) Potential of ideas.
(b) The young of a group.
(c) Grass and food for humans.
(d) Infinitely divisible particles.
5. What does Kant see as a key part of man's sense perceptions?
(a) Food and sunlight.
(b) Origin and development.
(c) Traditions and knowledge.
(d) Time and space.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is practical reason, according to Kant?
2. How does Sophie's mother behave concerning Sophie's new interests?
3. How does Hilde feel about Alberto and Hilde trying to escape?
4. What does Kierkegaard's philosophy emphasize?
5. What does Hilde agree with Alberto about concerning her father's treatment of the characters?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)