|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30, Darwin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Aquinas pose concerning inanimate objects, animals, man and angels?
(a) If God treats them the same.
(b) If they are composed of the same matter.
(c) If they live in pain.
(d) If time is the same for all of them.
2. How does Alberto plan to escape the Major's story?
(a) Between the lines of the book.
(b) With bribery and trickery.
(c) Alberto abandons this idea.
(d) By leaving Sophie behind.
3. What is Spinoza's philosophy?
(a) The philosopher need only go where he can help.
(b) The philosopher is part of the whole universe and all time.
(c) The philosopher must die a martyr.
(d) The philosopher and the student are of equal standing.
4. After Sophie's Renaissance lesson, where does she find her bus fare?
(a) On the street.
(b) In her pocket.
(c) Alberto gives it to her.
(d) Outside a grocery store.
5. What does Sophie call her secret spot?
(b) Her basket.
(c) The den.
(d) The nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In continuing her search for the philosopher, what path does Sophie take?
2. What does Sophie take from the Major's cabin?
3. What is the conflict of Marx's day?
4. What is Marx's solution to the society's impending collapse?
5. On June 14th, what does Hermes say?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)