|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26, Romanticism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Renaissance, what did philosophers believe?
(a) Man was created in the image of the Creator.
(b) Man wants to please God.
(c) Man needs to worship multiple Gods.
(d) Man is smarter than God.
2. What does the note say inside Sophie's second envelope?
(a) Where does the earth come from?
(b) Why are we here?
(c) What should your life be?
(d) How will you help Earth today?
3. Why is Thor a powerful God?
(a) He provides fire.
(b) People pray to him when they are lost.
(c) Animals behave because of him.
(d) He gives people rain.
4. What does the doll that Alberto shows Sophie symbolize?
(c) The courageousness of parents.
(d) The fleetingness of life.
5. What situation does Alberto apply Hume's argument to?
(a) Environmentalist sentiments vs. economic development.
(b) Political leaders vs. the general public.
(c) Parents vs. children.
(d) Workers vs. factory owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Plato use math and geometry?
2. Ancient people used myths to explain what?
3. Why does Alberto begin teaching Sophie in person?
4. When Sophie's mother sees her playing with Legos, what does Sophie tell her mother?
5. What question does Sophie ask herself as she looks in the mirror after she reads her first note?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)