|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, the Baroque.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a Baroque work by Holberg, what question is posed?
(a) How does a person know which is reality and which is a dream?
(b) Where do we belong after this life?
(c) How do we know this is our proper place in life?
(d) How do we reach out to other galaxies?
2. Why is Thor a powerful God?
(a) He provides fire.
(b) He gives people rain.
(c) Animals behave because of him.
(d) People pray to him when they are lost.
3. What tool does the God Thor use?
(d) Phillips screwdriver.
4. When Sophie's mother sees her playing with Legos, what does Sophie tell her mother?
(a) That she is having a hard time right now.
(b) That she is doing homework.
(c) That she misses her younger years.
(d) That she is doing an experiment.
5. What do philosophers keep that babies have and adults lose?
(a) The ability to rest.
(c) Their sense of wonder.
(d) Their hunger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Politically, what is the Baroque period characterized with?
2. When Sophie follows Hermes, how does the dog react?
3. What question does Aquinas pose concerning inanimate objects, animals, man and angels?
4. How often does Sophie see her father?
5. What is a sign of Europe's renewed progress in the 1200s?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)