|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Athens, Chapter 9, Plato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 'Plato's Dialogues'?
(a) A one-man play about philosophy.
(b) Lectures that Alberto follows.
(c) A form of debate.
(d) Plato writing down the words of Socrates.
2. Who are the Sophists?
(a) Men who charge for philosophical lessons.
(b) Gods Alberto lectures about.
(c) Teachers competing for Alberto's job.
(d) People related to Sophie.
3. What comprises Sophie's myth?
(a) A genie comes to grant wishes.
(b) A monkey becomes her tour guide in life.
(c) A small child pops out of a flower.
(d) A Prince rescues a Princess.
4. What lesson with the topic of Plato and Socrates is presented?
(a) Giving more than you have.
(b) Helping those in need.
(c) Ignoring material possessions and living alone.
(d) Doing the right thing and knowing what you do not know.
5. What does Sophie's mother think of the letters she receives?
(a) They are codes.
(b) They are love letters.
(c) They are from a different country.
(d) She does not know about Sophie's letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings letters directly to Sophie?
2. What warning does Sophie receive concerning her teacher, from her teacher?
3. According to the top hat metaphor, what are philosophers?
4. What does Plato believe is immortal?
5. What does Joanna say human beings are like?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)