|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Athens, Chapter 9, Plato.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie find in her room with the name "Hilde" written on it?
(a) A red scarf.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A shirt.
2. How does Empedocles try to organize the world?
(a) In tiers according to age and gender.
(b) Around the four basic elements.
(c) By historical facts.
(d) With people at the top of the hierarchy.
3. What does Plato believe is immortal?
(a) A human soul.
(d) A human body.
4. According to Anaxagoras, what are seeds?
(a) Grass and food for humans.
(b) Potential of ideas.
(c) Infinitely divisible particles.
(d) The young of a group.
5. What do the big brown envelopes that arrive for Sophie contain?
(a) Course material.
(d) Black and white pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do philosophers keep that babies have and adults lose?
2. According to the top hat metaphor, what are philosophers?
3. What tool does the God Thor use?
4. What does Parmenides believe?
5. Ancient people used myths to explain what?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)