|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, Bjerkely.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Plato use math and geometry?
(a) To teach others less fortunate.
(b) To aid him in obtaining true knowledge.
(c) To gain money.
(d) To build houses.
2. What describes Thomas Hobbes' philosophy?
3. Politically, what is the Baroque period characterized with?
(a) Waste and vulgarity.
(b) Anger and ignorance.
(c) Assassinations and revolts.
(d) Peace and equality.
4. What is Hilde's birthday present from her father?
(a) An ivory jewelry box.
(b) A ring binder with the typed text of a book.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) Embroidered scarves.
5. According to Anaxagoras, what are seeds?
(a) Potential of ideas.
(b) Infinitely divisible particles.
(c) The young of a group.
(d) Grass and food for humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Plato believe is immortal?
2. Philosophically, how are the Indians and Greeks connected?
3. How does Empedocles try to organize the world?
4. In a Baroque work by Holberg, what question is posed?
5. What does Hilde's mother admit to Hilde concerning a belonging?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)