|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28, Kierkegaard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After philosophers who are rationalists, what is the shift toward?
2. What does Sophie find in the woods on her search for the philosopher?
(a) Notes and a map.
(b) A lake and a rowboat.
(c) Philosophy lecture notes.
(d) A talking squirrel.
3. As part of his philosophy, what does Kierkegaard map out?
(a) The way the world will end.
(b) The way God wants humans to behave.
(c) Three life stages and the people in those stages.
(d) Four stages the universe took in development.
4. In continuing her search for the philosopher, what path does Sophie take?
(a) The path Hermes took.
(b) The shortcut through town.
(c) The path Hilde described on a postcard.
(d) The path her mother told her about.
5. When Sophie is in the Major's cabin, what reflects back at her from the mirror?
(a) Alberto, shaking his head.
(b) Another girl who winks at her.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A crying girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hume say people's feelings are not based on?
2. What does Sophie take from the Major's cabin?
3. What situation does Alberto apply Hume's argument to?
4. What does Hilde's father order her to do?
5. What does Sophie do with the physical philosophy lessons?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)