|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28, Kierkegaard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie do with the physical philosophy lessons?
(a) Files them in her dresser.
(b) Arranges the pages in a ring binder.
(c) Buries them in her den.
(d) Burns them.
2. What situation does Alberto apply Hume's argument to?
(a) Parents vs. children.
(b) Workers vs. factory owners.
(c) Political leaders vs. the general public.
(d) Environmentalist sentiments vs. economic development.
3. What is Hilde planning to do to rebel against her father?
(a) Play tricks on him.
(b) Drop out of school.
(c) Attend Sophie's party.
(d) Run away from home.
4. As part of his philosophy, what does Kierkegaard map out?
(a) Three life stages and the people in those stages.
(b) The way God wants humans to behave.
(c) The way the world will end.
(d) Four stages the universe took in development.
5. What does Kierkegaard accuse Hegel of doing?
(a) Using the ignorance of the mass to his advantage.
(b) Abandoning thoughts of the individual.
(c) Stealing from the wealthy.
(d) Conforming to society's standards.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sophie is in the Major's cabin, what reflects back at her from the mirror?
2. What does Alice bring Sophie during the Kierkegaard lesson?
3. When Sophie returns from the Major's cabin soaking wet, what does Sophie's mother think?
4. In continuing her search for the philosopher, what path does Sophie take?
5. What does Hume say people's feelings are not based on?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)