|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28, Kierkegaard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hume say people's feelings are not based on?
2. Where does Hume believe human ethics come from?
(a) Reasons and logic.
(b) Gods and religious leaders.
(c) Sentiments and customs.
(d) Stories of the oral tradition.
3. What does Kierkegaard accuse Hegel of doing?
(a) Conforming to society's standards.
(b) Abandoning thoughts of the individual.
(c) Stealing from the wealthy.
(d) Using the ignorance of the mass to his advantage.
4. What is Hilde planning to do to rebel against her father?
(a) Play tricks on him.
(b) Drop out of school.
(c) Attend Sophie's party.
(d) Run away from home.
5. On June 14th, what does Hermes say?
(a) "Come home, Major."
(b) "Joanna, go away!"
(c) "Leave Sophie alone."
(d) "Happy Birthday, Hilde."
Short Answer Questions
1. What situation does Alberto apply Hume's argument to?
2. What does Sophie take from the Major's cabin?
3. What religion does Hume associate with?
4. In continuing her search for the philosopher, what path does Sophie take?
5. When Sophie returns from the Major's cabin soaking wet, what does Sophie's mother think?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)