|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28, Kierkegaard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What situation does Alberto apply Hume's argument to?
(a) Parents vs. children.
(b) Political leaders vs. the general public.
(c) Workers vs. factory owners.
(d) Environmentalist sentiments vs. economic development.
2. What does Hilde's father order her to do?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Date Jeremy.
(c) Finish the book.
(d) Join the Transcendentalist club.
3. What does Sophie take from the Major's cabin?
(a) A book.
(b) An envelope addressed to her.
(c) A scarf.
(d) Paddles and lifesavers.
4. Where does Hume believe human ethics come from?
(a) Stories of the oral tradition.
(b) Reasons and logic.
(c) Gods and religious leaders.
(d) Sentiments and customs.
5. When Sophie is in the Major's cabin, what reflects back at her from the mirror?
(a) A crying girl.
(b) Alberto, shaking his head.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Another girl who winks at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie do with the physical philosophy lessons?
2. What does Alice bring Sophie during the Kierkegaard lesson?
3. After philosophers who are rationalists, what is the shift toward?
4. What is Hilde planning to do to rebel against her father?
5. In continuing her search for the philosopher, what path does Sophie take?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)