Chapter 1, The Garden of Eden
1. How old is Sophie when the novel opens?
2. What is Albert Knag's occupation?
(a) A General in the U.S. Air Force.
(b) A mechanical engineer.
(c) A Norwegian Major in the U.N. Forces.
(d) A Certified Public Accountant.
3. Where does Sophie live?
(a) A tall apartment complex.
(b) On the edge of the woods.
(c) In the middle of town.
(d) A shady duplex.
4. What does the note say inside Sophie's first envelope?
(a) Where do you belong?
(b) What is here?
(c) What are you doing?
(d) Who are you?
5. What does Joanna say human beings are like?
6. What question does Sophie ask herself as she looks in the mirror after she reads her first note?
(a) Why was she placed here?
(b) Would her parents love her if she was a boy?
(c) Where should she go next?
(d) Would she be a different person if she had a different name?
This section contains 4,806 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)