|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie watch for Carter the night she tells him she loves him?
2. What do the children do without a fuss when Sophie is angry?
3. Why does Carter want to say as he drives Sophie somewhere?
4. How does Carter show his jealousy?
5. What does Carter say to Sophie about her ex boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sophie respond to Carter telling her he loves her?
2. What does Carter promise Sophie when he takes her to the club?
3. What helps Sophie get the kids to bed early and without a fuss?
4. What does Sophie's mother forget about when Sophie sees her at the club?
5. How does Carter tell Sophie he loves her?
6. Why would it be easy for Sophie to follow the same life path her mother did?
7. Why does Sophie call Pete?
8. Why doesn't Sophie tell Carter she loves him in the way she planned?
9. How does Sophie plan to tell Carter she loves him?
10. What did Sophie and Carter dream about when they were children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How did Sophie show her persistent nature, and what effect did this attribute have on other people in her life?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)