|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news does Pete give Sophie?
2. What bothers Sophie about her mother's friend at the club?
3. What does Sophie's mother's friend at the club do that bothers Sophie?
4. What does Sophie's mother want Sophie to do when she gets to the club?
5. What is Sophie wearing when she tells Carter she loves him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bothers Sophie about her mother's friend at the club?
2. How does Carter tell Sophie he loves her?
3. What does Sophie realize while calming down Carter's mother?
4. What does Carter promise Sophie when he takes her to the club?
5. What does Carter realize as he watches Sophie calm down his mother?
6. How does Sophie tell Carter she loves him?
7. Why doesn't Sophie tell Carter she loves him in the way she planned?
8. Why would it be tempting for Sophie to work with her mother in the club?
9. What does Sophie ask Carter for after talking to Pete?
10. What did Sophie and Carter dream about when they were children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What led to Carter's mother's illness, and how has this changed Carter's life?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)