|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie do while Carter drinks coffee in his house?
2. What does Sophie talk about with Carter's mother?
3. Why does Carter want to say as he drives Sophie somewhere?
4. What does Sophie ask her mother for when she finds her?
5. What does Sophie do when Carter drives somewhere after leaving the club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie learn from Pete?
2. What does Sophie ask Carter for after talking to Pete?
3. What does Sophie do to calm down Carter's mother?
4. Why would it be tempting for Sophie to work with her mother in the club?
5. What does Carter promise Sophie when he takes her to the club?
6. What does Carter realize as he watches Sophie calm down his mother?
7. What does Sophie's mother keep calling Sophie at the club, and how does Sophie feel about this?
8. How does Sophie tell Carter she loves him?
9. How does Sophie respond to Carter telling her he loves her?
10. What helps Sophie get the kids to bed early and without a fuss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of relationship did Sophie have with her family members, and how did that affect her actions?
Essay Topic 3
What led to Carter's mother's illness, and how has this changed Carter's life?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)