|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carter show his jealousy?
2. Why does Sophie call Pete?
3. What does Carter say as he drives Sophie somewhere after she talks to his mother?
4. Where does Sophie tell Carter she loves him?
5. How does Carter feel when he hears Sophie talking to his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie do to calm down Carter's mother?
2. How does Sophie respond to Carter telling her he loves her?
3. How does Sophie tell Carter she loves him?
4. What bothers Sophie about her mother's friend at the club?
5. What does Sophie realize while calming down Carter's mother?
6. How does Sophie plan to tell Carter she loves him?
7. Why can't Sophie and Carter fulfill their dreams from when they were younger?
8. What did Sophie and Carter dream about when they were children?
9. What kind of person does Carter tell Sophie she deserves?
10. How does Carter tell Sophie he loves her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Sophie able to care for her siblings, and what does this reveal about her character?
Essay Topic 2
Where is Carter scarred, and what does this symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)