|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sophie surprised by the money her mother gives her?
2. Where does Carter tell Sophie he loves her?
3. What did Sophie and Carter used to do in the dark?
4. Where did Carter and Sophie take trips to when they got older?
5. What does Carter say to Sophie about her ex boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sophie and Carter dream about when they were children?
2. What does Sophie realize while calming down Carter's mother?
3. What does Sophie's mother forget about when Sophie sees her at the club?
4. What does Sophie learn from Pete?
5. How does Carter tell Sophie he loves her?
6. What does Sophie do to calm down Carter's mother?
7. What helps Sophie get the kids to bed early and without a fuss?
8. How does Sophie plan to tell Carter she loves him?
9. What does Carter realize as he watches Sophie calm down his mother?
10. Why doesn't Sophie tell Carter she loves him in the way she planned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship did Sophie have with her family members, and how did that affect her actions?
Essay Topic 2
Where is Carter scarred, and what does this symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)