|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie do while she waits for her siblings to come home?
2. How does Carter watch Sophie while he takes care of his mother?
3. What does Sophie do when she sees Carter at school?
4. How old was Carter when someone tried to hurt Sophie in her house?
5. What does Sophie do at night with Carter that is different than usual?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sophie feel about her mother being away for so long?
2. What causes Carter to be jealous?
3. How does Sophie get in contact with her mother?
4. What does Sophie do when she sees Carter in the hall at the beginning of the book?
5. What gift does Carter bring Sophie one night, and why?
6. How do Carter and Sophie get home from school every day?
7. How does Sophie's mother provide for her family?
8. What does Sophie do on the porch swing that is new and different?
9. What does Sophie do for Carter every morning, and why?
10. How does the narration in this book work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship did Sophie have with her family members, and how did that affect her actions?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
When did Carter begin feeling protective of Sophie, and why?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)