|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who once tried to hurt Sophie in her house?
2. How did Carter see who once tried to hurt Sophie in her house?
3. What does Carter fix in Sophie's house?
4. How does Carter know something in Sophie's house needs to be fixed?
5. How many siblings does Sophie have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sophie's mother provide for her family?
2. What does Sophie look forward to all day?
3. What problem does Carter's mother have when he gets home at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Sophie do when she sees Carter in the hall at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Sophie do on the porch swing that is new and different?
6. What does Carter's friend ask about Sophie?
7. How does the author introduce the back story for Sophie and Carter?
8. How does Sophie feel about her mother being away for so long?
9. What does Sophie do for Carter every morning, and why?
10. Why does Sophie feel she is the only one who really knows Carter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Sophie and Carter" takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author Chelsea Fine have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Where is Carter scarred, and what does this symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship did Sophie have with her family members, and how did that affect her actions?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)