|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie feel when Carter says he loves her?
2. How does Sophie watch for Carter the night she tells him she loves him?
(a) She sits in his kitchen.
(b) She looks for his car.
(c) She waits on the swing.
(d) She watches his window.
3. What does Carter promise Sophie before they get out of the car?
(a) He is there for her.
(b) He will pay for her.
(c) He will respect her wishes.
(d) He will protect her.
4. What does Sophie's mother's friend at the club do that bothers Sophie?
(a) Suggests Sophie get a job there,
(b) Hits her mom.
(c) Gives her mother drugs.
(d) Flirts with Carter.
5. What does Sophie say when Carter says he loves her?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She knows.
(d) She loves him back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie fail to do for Carter when she is angry?
2. What is the name of Sophie's ex boyfriend?
3. Who interrupts Sophie and Carter when Carter says he loves Sophie?
4. What kind of person does Carter say Sophie needs?
5. What does Carter sense when Sophie talks about Whitney?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sophie call Pete?
2. How does Sophie tell Carter she loves him?
3. What does Sophie's mother forget about when Sophie sees her at the club?
4. What helps Sophie get the kids to bed early and without a fuss?
5. Why can't Sophie and Carter fulfill their dreams from when they were younger?
6. What suggestion does Sophie get over and over at the club?
7. Why would it be easy for Sophie to follow the same life path her mother did?
8. What does Sophie learn from Pete?
9. What did Sophie and Carter dream about when they were children?
10. What kind of person does Carter tell Sophie she deserves?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)