|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie tell Carter's mother Carter is good at?
(a) Being a man.
(b) Taking care of things.
(c) Loving others.
(d) Being a student.
2. What does Sophie call her siblings?
(a) The Kidlets.
(b) The Littles.
(c) The Terrors.
(d) The Smalls.
3. What good news does Pete give Sophie?
(a) Her mother isn't a whore.
(b) He is moving.
(c) Her mother isn't sick anymore.
(d) He has some openings.
4. What does Sophie realize as she calms down Carter's mother?
(a) She loves Carter.
(b) Carter loves her.
(c) She can help Carter's mother.
(d) Carter's mother is crazy.
5. Why doesn't Carter say what he wants to while he is driving Sophie somewhere?
(a) He knows she is scared.
(b) He can't find the right words.
(c) He is afraid of ruining the friendship.
(d) He doesn't want to be rejected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sophie and Carter meet to do the things they used to in the dark?
2. What is Sophie wearing when she tells Carter she loves him?
3. What does Carter realize when he hears Sophie talking to his mother?
4. What does Sophie talk about with Carter's mother?
5. Why doesn't Carter drive Sophie home after leaving the club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sophie and Carter dream about when they were children?
2. Why does Sophie call Pete?
3. Why would it be easy for Sophie to follow the same life path her mother did?
4. What does Carter realize as he watches Sophie calm down his mother?
5. Why doesn't Sophie tell Carter she loves him in the way she planned?
6. What does Carter promise Sophie when he takes her to the club?
7. What helps Sophie get the kids to bed early and without a fuss?
8. What does Carter do for Sophie after leaving the club?
9. What does Sophie's mother forget about when Sophie sees her at the club?
10. How does Sophie respond to Carter telling her he loves her?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)