|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do other people think Carter got his scars?
(a) Suicide attempts.
(b) A mugging.
(c) An accident.
(d) A fight.
2. How do Sophie and Carter know each other?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) Their parents work together.
(d) The go to the same church.
3. How does Carter fix something in Sophie's house?
(a) He replaces the batteries.
(b) He replaces the power cable.
(c) He glues in a glider.
(d) He puts a piece of paper under it.
4. What does Sophie have to do before she can meet Carter at night?
(a) Talk to her mother.
(b) Do her homework.
(c) Clean her house.
(d) Put the kids to bed.
5. What does Carter's mother think he sprays on her when he gets home?
(b) Calomine lotion.
(d) Bug spray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie's main task in the mornings?
2. How does Sophie communicate with Carter on the way home from school?
3. What do Sophie and Carter have in common?
4. What does Sophie do when she sees Carter at school?
5. Who was Carter defending when he beat his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carter help his mother with the problem she has at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Sophie do when she sees Carter in the hall at the beginning of the book?
3. How do Carter and Sophie get home from school every day?
4. What caused Carter's father to leave the house?
5. What causes Sophie to be jealous?
6. What does Sophie look forward to all day?
7. What problem does Carter's mother have when he gets home at the beginning of the book?
8. How does the narration in this book work?
9. What does Sophie do on the porch swing that is new and different?
10. What does Carter's friend ask about Sophie?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)