|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of perspective is this book written in?
(a) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person.
2. How does Carter feel when he can't see Sophie on the way home from school?
3. How does Carter feel when one of his friends asks about Sophie?
4. Where does Sophie see Carter every night?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) The couch.
(c) Under the tree.
(d) The porch swing.
5. What is Sophie's sibling doing when something spills?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sophie and Carter know each other?
2. When does Sophie contact her mother?
3. How does Sophie say she feels about Carter at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Carter see who once tried to hurt Sophie in her house?
5. Why doesn't Sophie tell Carter how she feels about him at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sophie feel she is the only one who really knows Carter?
2. Why is Sophie late for class at the beginning of the book?
3. How does the narration in this book work?
4. What does Sophie look forward to all day?
5. What gift does Carter bring Sophie one night, and why?
6. What does Whitney ask Sophie about Carter?
7. How was Sophie almost hurt in her own house?
8. What does Sophie do when she sees Carter in the hall at the beginning of the book?
9. What does Sophie do on the porch swing that is new and different?
10. How does Sophie get in contact with her mother?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)