|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sophie see Carter every night?
(a) Under the tree.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The couch.
(d) The porch swing.
2. What does Sophie do at night with Carter that is different than usual?
(a) She tells a joke.
(b) She breaks down in tears.
(c) She kisses his cheek.
(d) She holds his hand.
3. Why is it so strange for Sophie to talk to Carter at school?
(a) They pretend not to know each other.
(b) They are not friends.
(c) They have never spoken.
(d) They are dating.
4. How does Sophie feel about the gift Carter brings her at night?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is offended.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is grateful.
5. What does Carter fix in Sophie's house?
(a) The rocking chair.
(b) The kitchen table.
(c) The TV.
(d) The clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sophie's mother addicted to?
2. How does Sophie describe her life in the mornings?
3. Who is the only person who knows the truth about Carter's scars?
4. What do Sophie are Carter usually never do while together at night?
5. Who caused the scar on Carter's arm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem does Carter's mother have when he gets home at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Sophie's mother provide for her family?
3. How do Carter and Sophie get home from school every day?
4. What does Sophie do on the porch swing that is new and different?
5. What does Whitney ask Sophie about Carter?
6. What does Carter's friend ask about Sophie?
7. How does Carter help his mother with the problem she has at the beginning of the book?
8. How was Sophie almost hurt in her own house?
9. How does the author introduce the back story for Sophie and Carter?
10. Why is Sophie late for class at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)