|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Sophie's mother away from the house?
(a) Days at a time.
(b) Weeks at a time.
(c) Months at a time.
(d) Years at a time.
2. Who is Whitney?
(a) Carter's half-sister.
(b) A cousin of Sophie's.
(c) A girl Carter once dated.
(d) Sophie's best friend.
3. Where does Sophie make the kids do their homework?
(a) Their bedrooms.
(b) The kitchen table.
(c) The office.
(d) The porch swing.
4. Who is in the most danger at Carter's house?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
5. What gift does Carter bring Sophie at night?
(a) A champane bottle.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) A wallet of money.
(d) Some new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Carter when someone tried to hurt Sophie in her house?
2. How does Carter's mother try to get rid of the things she thinks are on her arms?
3. How does Sophie communicate with Carter on the way home from school?
4. What does Carter have to face when he gets home?
5. How did Carter see who once tried to hurt Sophie in her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carter's friend ask about Sophie?
2. What gift does Carter bring Sophie one night, and why?
3. What caused Carter's father to leave the house?
4. What problem does Carter's mother have when he gets home at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Sophie feel about her mother being away for so long?
6. Why is Sophie late for class at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Sophie do for Carter every morning, and why?
8. What does Sophie look forward to all day?
9. How does Sophie get in contact with her mother?
10. What does Sophie do on the porch swing that is new and different?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)