|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Sophie talks to first in the club suggest Sophie do?
(a) Marry Carter.
(b) Get a job there.
(c) Come back later.
(d) Pay the entrance fee.
2. What does Sophie do while Carter drinks coffee in his house?
(a) Brushes his mother's hair.
(b) Does some homework.
(c) Cleans the kitchen.
3. What do the children do without a fuss when Sophie is angry?
(a) Fight with each other.
(b) Make her dinner.
(c) Hug her tight.
(d) Go to bed without a fuss.
4. How does Sophie contact Pete?
(a) She calls him.
(b) She texts him.
(c) She writes him.
(d) She e-mails him.
5. What does Sophie's mother's friend at the club do that bothers Sophie?
(a) Gives her mother drugs.
(b) Suggests Sophie get a job there,
(c) Flirts with Carter.
(d) Hits her mom.
6. What did Sophie and Carter used to do in the dark?
(a) Take picnics.
(c) Think about movies.
(d) Draw pictures.
7. What kind of person does Sophie say Carter deserves?
(a) Someone who is tough.
(b) Someone who can take care of him.
(c) Someone who is as smart as him.
(d) Someone who knows how to raise children.
8. Where does Carter tell Sophie he loves her?
(a) The school.
(b) His kitchen.
(c) His truck.
(d) Sophie's bedroom.
9. What does Carter promise Sophie before they get out of the car?
(a) He will protect her.
(b) He will pay for her.
(c) He is there for her.
(d) He will respect her wishes.
10. What does Sophie realize as she calms down Carter's mother?
(a) Carter's mother is crazy.
(b) Carter loves her.
(c) She can help Carter's mother.
(d) She loves Carter.
11. What is Pete's occupation?
12. Where does Carter drive after leaving the club?
(a) The school.
(b) A store.
(c) The mines.
(d) A restaurant.
13. Why can't Sophie tell Carter she loves him where she wants to?
(a) He doesn't come home in time.
(b) He can't come over that night.
(c) She gets scared.
(d) Her sister gets sick.
14. How does Sophie get out of her house the night she tells Carter she loves him?
(a) She goes out the front door.
(b) She sneaks through the hole in the fence.
(c) She goes out the back.
(d) She climbs out her window.
15. What does Sophie call her siblings?
(a) The Littles.
(b) The Kidlets.
(c) The Smalls.
(d) The Terrors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie feel when she realizes something while talking to Carter's mother?
2. What does Sophie do with Carter after she tells him she loves him?
3. What does Sophie do when Carter drives somewhere after leaving the club?
4. What does Sophie kiss when she tells Carter she loves him?
5. What word does Carter use to describe Sophie's ex boyfriend?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)