|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sophie and Carter meet to do the things they used to in the dark?
(a) The park.
(b) The tree.
(c) The quad.
(d) The mines.
2. What is Sophie wearing when she tells Carter she loves him?
(b) A dress.
(c) A robe.
(d) Exercise clothes.
3. How does Sophie watch for Carter the night she tells him she loves him?
(a) She waits on the swing.
(b) She watches his window.
(c) She sits in his kitchen.
(d) She looks for his car.
4. Where did Carter always want to run away to?
(a) New York.
(b) Las Vegas.
5. Where does Sophie tell Carter she loves him?
(a) The truck.
(b) The swing.
(c) His kitchen.
(d) His bedroom.
6. Why can't Sophie tell Carter she loves him where she wants to?
(a) She gets scared.
(b) He can't come over that night.
(c) He doesn't come home in time.
(d) Her sister gets sick.
7. How does Sophie feel when she realizes something while talking to Carter's mother?
8. How does Sophie contact Pete?
(a) She calls him.
(b) She texts him.
(c) She writes him.
(d) She e-mails him.
9. How does Sophie calm down Carter's mother?
(a) Sings a song.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Asks about the TV.
(d) Rubs her shoulder.
10. Why doesn't Carter drive Sophie home after leaving the club?
(a) He knows Sophie is upset.
(b) Sophie's mother asked him to.
(c) Sophie asked him to.
(d) He wants to be alone with Sophie.
11. What does Carter say as he drives Sophie somewhere after she talks to his mother?
(a) He forgives her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He heard her.
12. What does the person Sophie talks to first in the club suggest Sophie do?
(a) Pay the entrance fee.
(b) Marry Carter.
(c) Get a job there.
(d) Come back later.
13. Who interrupts Sophie and Carter when Carter says he loves Sophie?
(b) Sophie's mother.
(d) Carter's mother.
14. Where does Sophie plan to tell Carter she loves him?
(a) The swing.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) Under the tree.
(d) The car.
15. What makes Sophie cry while she talks to Carter's mother?
(a) She realizes Carter loves her.
(b) She has some bad memory flash backs.
(c) She thinks about how much she hates her life.
(d) She feels sorry for Carter's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie's mother's friend at the club do that bothers Sophie?
2. What allowed Sophie and Carter to take trips somewhere when they got older?
3. How does Sophie feel when she learns that Carter can't come over the night she plans to tell him she loves him?
4. What makes it hard for Carter to leave his house at times?
5. What does Sophie do while Carter drinks coffee in his house?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)